PDA

View Full Version : Chankast winXP Problem

Kushaal
June 11th, 2004, 16:44
I Am Using Window XP Home Edition.

When I Try To Run Chakast Emulator I Encounters The Following Problem:-

chankast_alpha.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. ???

I Got All Neccessery Files (Bios).

Please Help Me Out.

guymelef
June 11th, 2004, 17:01
sorry cant help you I don't know what to tell you except that it could be anything from a rundll error or a directx error system resource error or chankast doesn't like you. ;D or you have a bad bios in which case I can't help you 8) there is a new version coming out so just wait for it. and why not just use your DC. it's easier. just turn it on and watch it go. I don't use chankast except to test my images of homebrews before I burn them.

GPF
June 11th, 2004, 17:23
could be your video card doesn't support hardware TnL. My machine kept crashing after I clicked on Init. but I finally got it to work yesterday myself at work, on a Compaq intell 2Ghz machine with the built in intel 82845G graphics card, I had to run a utility called 3d-Analyze - http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html which allowed me to emulate hardware TnL and I was able to get some of my code for Trampalien Gunmen DC to run on it.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=DCPCEmu;action=display;num=108603234 4;start=60#60

Troy

guymelef
June 11th, 2004, 17:26
alright it's official. I'm an idiota. ;D

Kushaal
June 12th, 2004, 07:42
U Know My Pc Is 3 Years Old
Specs-
Pentium 3 750mhz
128 Ram
Motherboard Intel 810e
No Graphic Card (I Have Not Enough Money To Buy It And My Motherboard Doesn;t Have AGP Slot)
Poor Me! :'(

This Should Be The Problem! :P

Kushaal
June 12th, 2004, 10:53
Yahooooooooooooooo ;D

With The Release Of Chanka Emulator Version 0.2

MY PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED.Now The Bios Is Working.
Thanks To Chanka Development Team.

Thanx For Ur Post Guys

guymelef
June 12th, 2004, 12:50
hey kushaal, you can use a pci video card but they run only at 33mhz which is a small fraction of what agp runs at. and about 20 bucks more expensive

Kushaal
June 12th, 2004, 14:23
Which Company's Pci Card Do U Prefer?

U Know I Don't Know About Pci Video Card Is They Are Good
In Use Or Outdated Technology?(Crummmy English) :-[

TEll Me The Company Brand Pci Video Card And I Will Try To Buy IT Does It Gives Good Graphics? ???

guymelef
June 12th, 2004, 16:58
a lot of people like ATI but i am using a PNY geforce2 128m agp card and it does kick alot of ass. of course my motherboard has that geforce ultra MCP.
the only drawback for pci video cards is that they do things real slow. you can still have 128 megs of ram on a pci but they just don't do things very fast. if I were you I would just build your own computer with 100$ U.S at a time.
here is my computer that I built 6 months ago. mainly from tiger direct.
amdxp2700+ 100$
shuttle an35 ultra 70$(motherboard)
some cheap case full atx case 15$
512MB ram at 400mhz 100$
128MB pny geforce 2 80$
450 watt power supply ~50$
western digital 120gig harddrive ~100$
48x cdr 4x dvdr+- combo drive 100$
dvd cd read drive 40$
internal zip free$
floppy disk free$
27" regular monitor 25$ used
thermal take heatsink 30$
if you want a deal and you have 450$ or more then just get a dell. but if you or your friends have some spare parts like a case and power supply and maybe some crappy ram and monitor as well as your old drives then just do what I did and just upgrade something every month. just don't spend more than 100$ on anything. prices drop fast but as soon as the prices get to 100 they tend to linger for a year or so. the only thing that I got burned on was the graphics card. If I would have waited I could have acquired an ATI all in wonder 128 for less than 150$. man I wish I had that card. but you win some and you lose some. this is the type of computer need to run chankast and mame and stuff

Kushaal
June 13th, 2004, 12:08
WOW! THis Is What Called Specification :o Ur Computer Is Fully Loaded Man.
The Price Are In Dollars so I Suppose U Are Livin In America.
But In My Country(India) These Graphic Crad And Dvd Writers Are Damn Expensive.For Ex-(A Ati Radeon Graphic Card Is Of Ass Whoppin RS 5000)
But I Will Upgrade My Pc On My Birthday Which Is Comin On December(Damn 5 Months Are Left)
I Will Again Thanx For Ur Post & Giving My Question's Answer.

HAVE A GOOD TIME ;D