PDA

View Full Version : What are the very best two player homebrew games?

centroles
August 23rd, 2005, 04:57
By two player, I mean like either turn based where each person takes turns or the kind where one person uses the dpad and the other uses the buttons to controller their respective characters.

By very best, I mean...

they are full screen, cover the entire psp screen.

they look very neat and polished,

have everything working as it should, no major bugs that need to be fixed.

preferably don't show any corrupt icons.

are fun to play.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: One more question, is there anyway I can get the full version of quake for the psp instead of just the demo versions that are available everywhere? Preferably a version that doesn't show corrupt icons?

centroles
August 24th, 2005, 13:18
no one has any suggestions for great 2 player games?

SoQb0nc5r
August 24th, 2005, 13:57
u cant really play and enjoy 2 player games on the psp.

centroles
August 24th, 2005, 14:59
that's not true. that air hockey game looks like it has a lot of potential. i haven't tried it yet but it could definatlely work.

actually, i think you could make an awesome 2 player tennis game. each person holds onto one end of the psp, uses either the dpad or buttons to move the character and press their respective trigger to swing. i think the trigger is pressure sensative too so you can use that and the position, direction and speed of the player at time of contact to decide whether it's a volley etc.

it would take some effort to make it look polished, but if it works, it could be awesome.

you can even make a two player version of snake or tetris or connect 4 or something.

two player simulatneous (on the same psp) games. that's the one category of games not covered by emulators and retail releases. that makes it a perfect niche for homebrew to fill in.

RabidPuppi
August 24th, 2005, 21:18
it almost seems kinda gay to have two guys all snuggled up with thier psp playing "tag." deep looks of longing into one anothers bold blue eyes as the hockey puck spins wildly into the tiny little hole... you know

centroles
August 24th, 2005, 23:03
why do you automatically assume it's two guys, huh. and if it is two guys, what if they're both gay.

it's quite romantic if you think about it.

actually, it's just a blast to play two player games during class.

RabidPuppi
September 1st, 2005, 22:01
well if theyre both gay than obviously its more than just a little gay. and why even bother asking me why i assume its two guys. ok it might be a guy and a fat chick or two transexuals

pepegomez
September 1st, 2005, 22:08
this is going to be off topic :D and it doesnt matter what gender the players are, thats why its called "player" its a neutral word :)
but to come back to the topic, i love pong.

B_man55
September 1st, 2005, 22:42
RabidPuppi, grow the Hell up. You god damn homophobe. 2 player games are fun. In case you havn't realized, playing video games is alot more fun with more than one person by yourself. Or would you have not realized the obvious? Do you just sit at home and play 'em by yourself all day, or what?

xuphorz
September 2nd, 2005, 00:40
here my saying: all those two player games need ad hoc/infrastructure multiplayer

and this topic should be closed

Cap'n 1time
September 2nd, 2005, 02:43
I think this is a good topic. dont let some dipshit 12 year old ruin it.

centroles
September 2nd, 2005, 03:29
i got psp air hockey and it's AWESOME. I recommend that everyone get it.

Haven't tried pong yet, is it as polished?

xuphorz
September 2nd, 2005, 03:40
1timeuser, you talking to me?

Cap'n 1time
September 4th, 2005, 16:44
1timeuser, you talking to me?

no, to the homophobe.