PDA

View Full Version : Games that upgrade your PSP?

Mr.Modem
August 23rd, 2005, 15:51
I ordered a PSP 1.5, mostly for playing homebrew emulators. But the PSP seems to have nice commercial games too, and i'm planning to buy games in the future. I've heard that some UMD movies upgrade your firmware and that's the last thing I want. So I wonder: Are there games that upgrade you firmware higher than 1.5? Which games? I really want to avoid those.

EDIT: I've searched the forums again and then I found this thread: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8086. It seems that most games just upgrade to 1.5 but Rockman Dash upgrades to 1.52. So my (new)question is: Are there more games that autoupgrade?

YourStillWithMe
August 23rd, 2005, 18:34
Dead To Rights:Reckoning-1.50 update, Rockman Dash-1.52 but that game has been cracked and there is a way to bypass it (I don't know how that works because Rockman Dash doesn't appeal to me so I don't care. . .) Death JR-1.50 update, and that's all that I know of. However my friend there is a way to BYPASS THE UPDATES go to this web page www.psparchive.de and look for a program called No Update. No one has reported that it causes your PSP to malfunction or anything, so give it a try if you NEED TO in the future. People who have a 1.0 PSP say that it work to avoid the updates for 1.50 but that I know of no one has tried it on a 1.5 to bypass the 1.51 and 1.52 updates. Good luck kid! PM me if you ever need help. . . . or AIM
Tool 121987

Does the No Update program work to stop the 1.51 and 1.52 updates people? I'm scared to try it on my 1.5 because I dont want to lose my amazing homebrew! Please Post! thanks!

Mr.Modem
August 23rd, 2005, 18:56
Thanks! I feel at least a little bit safer now. :D

souls85
August 24th, 2005, 00:14
does it ask to upgrade or does it just do it?

Kaiser
August 24th, 2005, 03:34
does it ask to upgrade or does it just do it?

It doesn't matter read what YourStillWithMe said.