PDA

View Full Version : selfboot question

Kazuyarules
June 11th, 2004, 20:51
is there any tool to selfboot a dreamcast game image easily without having to download a whole bunch of files, do a whole lot of stuff, etc?

curt_grymala
June 11th, 2004, 21:36
what type of game image? what are you talking about?

Christuserloeser
June 12th, 2004, 03:41
You can easily selfboot all homebrew games / emus with the tools in our 'needed tools' section.

Chris

guymelef
June 12th, 2004, 04:49
there are how to files and stuff like that. and it all boils down to specifing where each file appears on a disc. and that varies from program to program.

shabbadoo
June 12th, 2004, 13:13
oh and another thing do i need a cd rewriter to make a selfboot cdi image, my cd rewriter is broken :'(

Christuserloeser
June 12th, 2004, 13:25
@ shabbadoo: I've removed one post by you and this is a last warning to you. Please stop asking for illegal things.

Thank you,

Chris

shabbadoo
June 12th, 2004, 13:43
wot did i put that was illegal?

Christuserloeser
June 12th, 2004, 17:43
Talking about commercial game backups and how to burn / modify or download them is illegal.

Chris

curt_grymala
June 12th, 2004, 23:40
Talking about commercial game backups and how to burn / modify or download them is illegal.

That's why I asked the question I asked in my first post, because I had a sneaking suspicion that that was where this topic was headed.

nmbhnv
June 13th, 2004, 02:59
$&@#$&*@#^$&*^@#&*$^@#&*^$*&@#^$&*#@^$*&#^@*$^#@*& $^*&#@
------------------------

Yeah, how would I go about making a self boot into an ISO without wasting a single cd by using Pedro's pack that he made to make selfboots as a base?

This will help me gain interest in homebrew because I can test it on Chanka without wasting resources.
Thank you for your responses.

It seems everyone asks this question, but no one knows or people ignore the person who asked the question. Just look what happened here, shabbadoo asked the question and his voice was lost due to people talking about piracy.

------------------------
$&@#$&*@#^$&*^@#&*$^@#&*^$*&@#^$&*#@^$*&#^@*$^#@*& $^*&#@

curt_grymala
June 13th, 2004, 03:35
Well - in order to make a selfbooting ISO of a homebrew project, you would probably be best to use a program like Selfboot (by burnerO), create a CDI with that program, and figure out some way to get Selfboot to retain the ISO it creates before it converts that ISO to CDI format.

guymelef
June 13th, 2004, 07:07
still not touching it. goto www.dcemulation.com or use utopia. only advice