PDA

View Full Version : SNES9x ??

scooner
March 12th, 2008, 05:48
OK, I JUST got a PSP at a garage sale w/ a 2 gb memory stick. It was loaded w/ a SNES emulator with a TON of cool games...I played it for about 25 minutes, then it died. (Did I mention that ther was no A/C adapter...I just ordered one on eBay). Anyway..after it died, I let it sit for a few, and apparently now the mem stick is blank...WTF!?

I went ahead and downloaded SNES9x, and a few games, but now the emulator starts, and then says it cant load any games. Plus, the battery keeps dying.

Where do I put the emulator and the games in the PSP folder?

it says I have version 1.5

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Scott

bah
March 12th, 2008, 06:20
Homebrew apps get put in X:\PSP\GAME (X being the drive letter of your PSP when connected to your PC).

Homebrew on firmware 1.5 requires 2 folders for each program, one with the program in it and another named the same but with a % on the end containing just an EBOOT.PBP file in it. That's just the way that homebrew runs on firmware 1.5, its called 'kxploit'.

For snes9x its 'snes9xTYL' and 'snes9xTYL%'.
You copy both of those into X:\PSP\GAME and put your ROMs in X:\PSP\GAME\snes9xTYL\ROMS.

Memory cards are flash memory which is non volatile. Loosing power on the PSP should in no way cause any information to be lost from the memory stick. I have no idea whats going on there.