PDA

View Full Version : The wii and SSBB.

shadowprophet
March 12th, 2008, 09:52
Ok, we all want super smash brothers for the wii. but after hearing many people have been having trouble getting their copy to boot in their wii's, I'm having second thoughts. I mean my wii already has boot problems on regular disc's "rarely- but it has happened" I just know I would have to send it in to get the lens cleaned,
and to be honest, There really isn't a game in existence worth so much to me, that I would want to send my console in for special cleaning just to play..

How do the rest of you feel about this? what would you do if you if you got ssbb and it didn't work in your console? would you send your wii in? would you avoid that particularly needy title?

let a shadow know something :)

Accordion
March 12th, 2008, 11:12
I don't want to play SSBB. Also, no Wii game would make me care about not having the console for a short time.

Don't base your purchase on rumor however, if you play the Wii often then surely the problem will affect other games and it will need fixing either way.

You can always send the game back if it doesnt run but other games do.

[save your money and buy Warhawk]

ninja9393
March 12th, 2008, 12:39
I had boot problems on regullar discs sometimes but Brwal works Flawlessly for me

If you already own a wii, Buy it

It is Really awesome

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 13:13
Ahh... Time to convince someone I know to buy it... when it finally comes out in the UK. I remember it on the gamecube and it was awesome :D

Cloudy

shadowprophet
March 12th, 2008, 13:40
I had boot problems on regullar discs sometimes but Brwal works Flawlessly for me

If you already own a wii, Buy it

It is Really awesome
Thats some what the comment I was hoping to hear , thanks ninja :cool:

maybe there is hope my wii will play it after all :cool:

Failedartifact
March 12th, 2008, 14:11
This whole problem with the wii reading disc is blantly because it has an open port for the games, dust gets in so easierly. But seriously, go for it, Nintendo said that they will repair consoles not working properly for brawl..

ICE
March 12th, 2008, 15:47
I have it and not only have I put in close to 20 hours in 2 days, I have played online several times with no lag. Also the disk works perfectly in both my households Wiis.

Get the game shadez.

acn010
March 12th, 2008, 15:58
no problem here... but one time happened reading error on disc... but that was one time... hope it does happened again

DPyro
March 12th, 2008, 16:03
I just played it for awhile yesterday and no problems - got my Wii in December 2006 too. As far as I know, the problem is only with some rare launch Wii's with a faulty lens. If you send yours in they will give you a new Wii.

Accordion
March 12th, 2008, 16:08
I just played it for awhile yesterday and no problems - got my Wii in December 2006 too. As far as I know, the problem is only with some rare launch Wii's with a faulty lens. If you send yours in they will give you a new Wii.

im assuming they also replace your VC titles?

ICE
March 12th, 2008, 16:18
I dont know how anyone could not want this game. I honestly feel like as long as theres someone to play with I will keep playing it for years to come. Ive played with my sister and neighbor who arent that great and it was a blast. Then I've played with another guy and some people online who were good and it was great fun.

It just seems like the a party game when you want it to be and a hardcore fighter when you want. Ignore all these rumors about disk errors, take the so called risk and get the game. Then post your friend code in the ssbb friend code thread.

Oh and your Wii comes back to you with everything as far as I know accordion.

DPyro
March 12th, 2008, 16:18
im assuming they also replace your VC titles?

They only switch the VC link with your Wii serial number. You have to re-download the games.

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 16:23
Well, at least they don't leave you in the cold, like many people with XBox replacements.

Cloudy

BrooksyX
March 12th, 2008, 16:54
I really wish I had a Wii so I could pick up ssb brawl. On friday (payday) I think me and my brothers are going to head out on a quest all over town to find a Wii.

Shadowblind
March 12th, 2008, 20:58
SSBB is so-so. Not like SSBM, which was amazing. Miniview coming soon ;)

P.S. Subspace emissary is beyond disappointing.

dejkirkby
March 12th, 2008, 21:40
My copy of SSBB is hopefully on it's way.
I'm pretty sure it will be the best game on the Wii... till Mario Kart.

DPyro
March 12th, 2008, 21:48
Well when I first played it, I wasn't really impressed. Just seems the same as the N64 version, only added a story mode, extra characters, stadiums, online etc. Oh well, I'll have to play it more for a better opinion on the game.

ninja9393
March 12th, 2008, 23:59
I Don't know guy's, I really liked the story mode

I thought all the crap they added will make it one of the highest replay valued games out there, with of course wifi

all the new characters i thought were awesome, the only one i am disappointed in was Pokemon trainer

Defiantly a must buy!

Junixx
March 13th, 2008, 00:52
I haven't had a disc read error on any game, including Brawl.

I like that Ness is un-nerfed in Brawl though like he was in Melee :)

ganondorf
March 13th, 2008, 01:47
Ay, im getting my copy on monday.

Shadowblind
March 13th, 2008, 03:25
Well, I just got Sonic...and well, they far underpowered him. he can rack up damage, but cannot ever get them to fly.

ICE
March 13th, 2008, 03:28
Sonic is my guy. I pwn all with him!
Everyone should go post their friend codes in the smash bros thread though. Seriously go do that.

Shadowblind
March 13th, 2008, 04:04
Everyone should go post their friend codes in the smash bros thread though. Seriously go do that.

Im tryin to get better with him, for old times sake. If not him, then my best is easily Pit then meta Knight.

BrooksyX
March 13th, 2008, 04:56
I was so mad tonight!!! The store that I work at got three wiis in stock this morning. So ofcourse I tried to buy one tonight but they said it had to be on the shelf for 24 hours. So tomorrow Im gonna take my friend to there and if they wont sell it to me ill have him buy it. Im so excited!!!

quzar
March 13th, 2008, 07:00
Imma go buy SSB:B tomorrow. There's a deal at toys R us so I can get Zack & Wiki for 15$ if I buy it at the same time =).

-Xandu-
March 13th, 2008, 10:42
These SSBB problems occur in a very small percentage of American Wiis. Mine had no problems and I hardly see anybody with that problem.

ninja9393
March 13th, 2008, 12:55

ok
did that

we should have like a DCEmu tournament

The people I play with is Samus, then Toon Link, then Snake