PDA

View Full Version : PSX-SCENE/WiiNewz Forum data lost.

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 12:29
via: PSX-SCENE/WiiNewz (www.psx-scene.com)

I decided to go on the PSX-SCENE website to check up the status of my favourite projects (e.g. ULaunchElf, SMS) but was greeted by terrible news.

The site's sql database has myseriously been emptied of it's entire contents. Even a duplicate backup database is suddenly missing it's data. We are not sure if this was a case of corrput MySQL or if we were hacked. Regardless, all of the data in PSX-SCENE's six year existence is now lost. Words cannot describe what we are feeling right now.

We are working hard to get the site back online as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, we will be starting with an almost entirely clean slate. We should be able to recover the user data but that's about it.

We appreciate everything you, our users, have done over the last six years. We hope this site is as important to you as it is to us. We will not give up! Our plan is to re-open the site in the next day or so but, unfortunately, you will be looking at a mostly empty forum where one of the greatest resources for console hacking information on the internet once stood. It is our sincere hope that, once the site is re-opened, you will continue to visit and help re-build PSX-SCENE & WiiNewz to their former glory.

- PSX-SCENE / WiiNewz Staff March 12, 2008

Sad news indeed. Let's wish them all the best for the future, and hope everything gets sorted out.

Chlikaflok
March 12th, 2008, 14:22
At first I thought : April's Fool... then I realized it's only the 12th of March... so I guess one of the internet's top 5 console information site just got shot by whoever did this, I don't believe this "MySQL corruption" thing. I don't know how they held their database, but the backup and the main databases mustn't had been on the same server... unless they didn't think they were a prime target for your friendly neighborhood hackers...

Oh well, let's work on making it just as good, and even better, than it was a week ago.

Cheers,
Chlikaflok

This is not a RIP message, we'll build it anew!

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 14:26
Yup - lets not let the site die :) Our user accounts should still be there.

Cloudy

Cloudhunter
March 14th, 2008, 13:02
I'm sorry, but moving this to another forum other than news is bullshit. You'd think with the way news gets stolen from these sites that it deserves a front page.

Cloudy

JKKDARK
March 14th, 2008, 15:11
I'm sorry, but moving this to another forum other than news is bullshit. You'd think with the way news gets stolen from these sites that it deserves a front page.

Cloudy

I don't think it's really "PS2 news". Similar situations with other websites happened before (also related to other systems) and they never appeared on the News forums.

Cloudhunter
March 14th, 2008, 15:13
I don't think it's really "PS2 news". Similar situations with other websites happened before (also related to other systems) and they never appeared on the News forums.

This is a big site, where many PS2 homebrew projects are based, including ULaunchElf and SMS. The development of these are now threatened. That's why it should be news.

Cloudy

spud42
June 17th, 2009, 09:37
do any of you guys know what happened to the site recently? it was working about 2 weeks aga then all of a sudden its missing?

Nocuddle
June 17th, 2009, 23:39
gud job bumpin an old thread.

try go to the site later, maybe its down. Server hav a life u kno.

spud42
June 18th, 2009, 10:44
there was a reason for bumping dude. i am a regular at that site and one of the FMCB installers in Australia. the site disappeared about a week ago without any warning. as someone here was interested enough to post this last time it was hacked i thought either they would be interested in it going or might have some info that i didnt.
i managed to get a hold of djflexmaster from the site and he thought the server was being moved. if anyone is interested i will post an update when it is back up .
ps good job mangling the English language.

wraggster
June 18th, 2009, 23:13
as far as im aware they are working on the site

spud42
June 19th, 2009, 11:41
thats what DJ said. as of this post it is still offline.

Zin0099
June 23rd, 2009, 09:45
yeah i could not believe my fave web gone cuss i had things 2 post like the pdaxrom for ps3 and looking at the emulaters

spud42
June 29th, 2009, 12:33
ITS BACK!!!!!!

the site is now back online.....