PDA

View Full Version : Anybody working on PC Engine CD emulation atm?

marzsyndrome
March 12th, 2008, 16:15
Just asking because it looks like HuE isn't being worked on anymore, which is a shame as the mp3 sound emulation never got fixed again after 0.70. And 0.61 alpha 2 (the last version to play mp3s) is obviously buggy in places.

If anybody wishes to look at an alternate open-source emulator to work off of, you could try Ootake (http://www.ouma.jp/ootake/), which claims to bundle the source with its executable download. Not sure if it's the right kind of source you're looking for, but hey! It's a start.

I would more than love to say "Don't worry folks, I'll look at it and program it myself", but unfortunately I possess not an ounce of programming talent "skillz" in my body. So I have to rely on others who know what they're doing (when they have appropriate spare time to burn of course)! ;)

Baboon
March 13th, 2008, 12:36
Use PCE! :)

PCE runs almost all the games 100% perfect! ...plus all the mp3 audio music sounds great! :)

CD games like Drack X, R-type (complete CD), Fighting Street etc all run great! :) ...I'd say the only real downside to the emu is the poor GUI.

if you've got a slim you can also now run this emu via DA's timemachine.

Check it!

Devilkin
March 13th, 2008, 23:21
I wish I could find a good tg16 emu for psp that ran Cadash and Final Lap Twin (non Japanese version). I have tried numerous dumps and all work on my pc using Magic Engine, but cant get any to work on any of the psp tg16 emu's =(

Baboon
March 14th, 2008, 12:11
I wish I could find a good tg16 emu for psp that ran Cadash and Final Lap Twin (non Japanese version). I have tried numerous dumps and all work on my pc using Magic Engine, but cant get any to work on any of the psp tg16 emu's =(

Well Cadash wasn't just released on the TurboGrafx-16 (it was in the arcade and also on the megadrive). Have you tried it on Picodrive?

I'll have a go at getting 'Final Lap Twin' working on PCE when I get home.

edit: Final Lap Twin does work perfect on PCE already (and its the English version)! The version I got to work is called "Final Lap Twin (U) [b1].pce" :)

Also just tried 'Cadash' on Picodrive and that also runs perfect. :)