PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM Problems

bloodyskies
June 2nd, 2004, 00:02
I hope someone can help, I'm trying to burn a selfboot CD of ScummVM with Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis on. I can't seem to find a tutorial on this anywhere, so if someone could explain the file structure for the disk that'd be great.

Also, I've been trying to use the selfboot kit to create an image I can load with Chanka, but cdrecord crashes my PC (running Windows XP) whenever I try to use the -scanbus argument. Does anyone know if there's another way to find out the settings for the BAT file (I presume this is a device ID for the cd writer).

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Christuserloeser
June 2nd, 2004, 00:12
Can't give you extended help with that atm but DCEvolution (www.dcevolution.netfirms.com) has released a very nice selfbooting image of BASS using ScummVM DC...

Give it a try!

Edit: www.ScummVM.org offers some documentation about the data files you should have

http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles

Chris

The_Fallen_One
June 2nd, 2004, 18:30
but cdrecord crashes my PC (running Windows XP) whenever I try to use the -scanbus argument

Could be wrong on this, but sounds like you need newer ASPI drivers for your CDRom drive. Try downloading them from your hardware manufacturer, or, if you can't find that, try the "ForceASPI" software (Try downloading from your manufacturer FIRST). You can do a search on Google for it, or download it from the site below. (Note that I'm not sure if the version I posted below is the newest version or not, so it might be better to do a search.)

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/frcaspi.cfm

Christuserloeser
June 2nd, 2004, 18:47
::) Overlooked that problem...

ForceASPI should fix it.

Chris

bloodyskies
June 2nd, 2004, 19:53
I've installed ForceASPI, but no joy. I'm going to try SBI v4 and see if that does it. I couldn't find ASPI drivers for my DVD writer (Pica) which is generally really good. if anyone has anymore ideas please let me know, otherwise thanks for your help.

curt_grymala
June 2nd, 2004, 20:09
DVD writer

That's probably your problem right there. Have you been able to burn any homebrew stuff properly yet? A lot of people have reported that DVD writers do not work when trying to burn homebrew.

wraggster
June 2nd, 2004, 20:16
try tao on my dvd writer i have to use that.

bloodyskies
June 2nd, 2004, 20:40
hmm, SBI is out, it uses CDRecord. Is there a way around using it, at least to get the required scsi settings for the .bat file?

I've not tried burning homebrew since moving from 98 to XP and from a cd writer to dvd..

the frustrating thing is at the moment I'm just trying to create an image I can use with Chanka :(

curt_grymala
June 2nd, 2004, 20:48
Well, if you use Selfboot Inducer, you don't have to use CDRecord. It will also create NRG and CDI images.

bloodyskies
June 2nd, 2004, 21:08
ok cool, that should solve things for now

bloodyskies
June 2nd, 2004, 21:29
doh! SelfBootInducer doesn't work in Chanka.. one for the compatibility list methinks..

bloodyskies
June 2nd, 2004, 22:40
thanks for the tips, using discjuggler (burning in TAO) and SBI I've managed to get ScummVM running on the dreamcast. chankast still doesn't like the image for whatever reason, so it looks like I'm gonna have to wait until my girlfriends completed the new Harry Potter game before I get to play for any length time, ah well!

curt_grymala
June 3rd, 2004, 01:38
Chankast probably doesn't work with SBInducer because of DreamInducer. I guess we should add DreamInducer to the "not-working" section of the Chanka compat list.

Christuserloeser
June 4th, 2004, 00:42
It is there already... ;)

DCDayDreamer
June 4th, 2004, 02:38
This might sound stupid but why try and run ScummVM on Chanka?
ScummVM for DC works fine, ScummVM for PC works fine, Chanka running Dreamcast running ScummVM on PC is pointless. No doubt I'll be shot down for that honest remark.

curt_grymala
June 4th, 2004, 03:18
Makes sense to me DC.

bloodyskies
June 5th, 2004, 12:47
ultimately I wanted to test it before I burnt the CD, which for me, is the whole point of having the emulator in the first place, especially if the s/w is known to work.

This might serve as a bit more of a relevant reason though - I've been having difficulty getting The Secret of Monkey Island to work in ScummVM for the Dreamcast, it tells me that it can't find Monkey.000 for some bizarre reason. The file doesn't exist when I install the game on the PC, but it plays on the PC fine (admitedly not under ScummVM). I'm going to try and fix the problem running Monkey Island under the PC version of ScummVM, but if it works on the PC and not on the DC, having to burn a squillion CD-R's for me is an ideal reason to run it on Chankast first.

steveola
June 5th, 2004, 17:49
Heh,

CD's are dirt cheap, stop being tight.

Anyways, you are wasting your time if you ask me, an emulator is merely emulating the hardware of the target machine, you are setting yourself up for lots of disappointments if you use an incomplete emulator for software testing purposes.

BTW, I had that 'Monkey.000' error on the PC version of SCUMM. You just need to rename the monkey.001 file as monkey.000, then it works. Obviously if you are playing from the original CD, you need to dump the files to HD, rename the monkey.001 file, then burn back to CD.

bloodyskies
June 5th, 2004, 22:31
Unfortunaltely I don't have monkey.001 either.. the files I have are all from floppies. They are:

000.LFL
901.LFL
902.LFL
903.LFL
904.LFL
DISK01.LEC
DISK02.LEC
DISK03.LEC
DISK04.LEC

does anyone have any ideas?

steveola
June 6th, 2004, 19:46
Now I don't know about the DC version of SCUMM, but the PC version sometimes has issues with the case of filenames as can be seen from this SCUMM forum message:

On a related note, I found that with the Secret of Monkey Island (256 color Floppy) (English (US/PC)) version, ScummVM .6 needed 000.LFL to be labeled 000.lfl in order to start running

Maybe you could try doing a Joliet burn and use lower case filenames?