PDA

View Full Version : Sony's Reasons to Disable homebrew etc read!!

Cirus
August 24th, 2005, 01:55
"When asked whether the PSP will support downloadable games, Kawanishi simply stated that the idea is under consideration. He also added that it would be interesting if users could develop their own simple games and distribute them online. "

above quoted from http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/23/news_6131739.html

i dont understand why they wanted to remove the possibility to make homebrew games and emu's if he says that above. :confused:

Shiaoran
August 24th, 2005, 02:24
we all know that Sony just want to stop ISOs, wich IS illegal, but they don't know how to banish ISOs use and allow homebrews to work...

we can just wait for an official firmware that allow us to use homebrew...

until it's release we can have our 1.0/1.5

or pirate firmware, if any is released... (haven't seen many news...)

YourStillWithMe
August 24th, 2005, 02:50
Thre are 2 ways to run ISOS which I will not say how to exactly because supportin ISOS is not a good idea UNLESS YOU OWN THE GAME PEOPLE. Sure its fun and I downloaded a game once but at the same time. . .it's not because your further helping to stop the production of PSP's and we'll end up with another Dreamcast So go buy games people! But one way to play psp games is you place a certain file (once again I won't post details) into the root directory of the psp and than you hve an eboot file in the "Game" directory and it serves as a launcher So what sony could do about this is figure a way to increase the "secuirty" so the system will not recognize the root directory where the actual game is stored (not the launcher) and just have the system recognize the pics, movies, and music. But the videos are stored in the root so I guess it makes the task a little bit harder. I'm just throwing out suggestions and such though. . . .I say let the isos friggin run because SOMEONE will crack these systems soon regardless of whether certain people support it or not so Sony is avoiding the inevitable. .

J sims
August 24th, 2005, 04:24
here is food for thought. Is there a way to make a Nesterj iso run?(This isn't piracy since nesterj is homebrew) this would save me alot of time copying files since it is faster to load 1 file instead of copying alot of small rom files for some reason.

RabidPuppi
August 24th, 2005, 14:52
i would support the psp by buying games if they werent all crap. but at this point i dont care if it dies a slow painful death. where the hell is gran turismo?

YourStillWithMe
August 25th, 2005, 01:31
Gran turismo is like every car game IN THE WORLD. The whole concept of it is just to get little dinky upgrades for your car and race around and do nothing.
Tiger Woods=Amazing
Fifa Soccer=Great
Lumines=Mad Fun
Gran Turismo=Lasts me for about MAYBE a day

I do give respect for the game however, because the graphics on those games are VERY impressive.

Cap'n 1time
August 25th, 2005, 05:53
here is food for thought. Is there a way to make a Nesterj iso run?(This isn't piracy since nesterj is homebrew) this would save me alot of time copying files since it is faster to load 1 file instead of copying alot of small rom files for some reason.

a nesterj iso. were you even thinking when you wrote that statment? do you not know what an iso is?

its just a compilation of a lot of junk to be written to some media type in a certain order. just... think!!! :mad:

leggy
August 25th, 2005, 14:13
i would support the psp by buying games if they werent all crap. but at this point i dont care if it dies a slow painful death. where the hell is gran turismo?

There are loads of good games out there and will be more to come. gran turismo is not exactly the best game on the market!

YourStillWithMe
August 25th, 2005, 18:38
I'm going to have to agree with leggy. . . .

mooboy
August 25th, 2005, 20:03
There are loads of good games out there and will be more to come. gran turismo is not exactly the best game on the market!

GT is a great game. I guess you have to like cars to understand.

ShinShoryu
August 26th, 2005, 02:39
GT sucks. Arcade racers are fun. If I want a realistic racing game i'll get in my Cobra and rape some import ricers.

Sure its fun and I downloaded a game once but at the same time. . .it's not because your further helping to stop the production of PSP's and we'll end up with another Dreamcast So go buy games people!

I have a 1.0 and cant really buy anything without being forced to upgrade. I'm not giving up my Neo Geo, SNES, Genesis, etc. to buy a PSP game. I own Darkstalkers, Tony Hawk and Fifa. I'm looking forward to Madden, GTA and SF Alpha 3. However, I wont buy any of them if I have to upgrade.

Tomppa
August 27th, 2005, 18:04
GT is still the best there is. Thats different if you like arcade with superhyper bonuses and sling effect(though that is in GT also..), then go for something else, if you want realistic racing, performance tuning and stuff like that, go, GO for GT!

Back to topic: I'm pretty sure the reason is that they otherwise would accept them but they dont want ISO(or bin, cue, etc.) files to be run. Wich by the way is something you cant do even if you have a 1-1.5 model... Maybe they should start testing and granting licences to apps?

Cirus
August 28th, 2005, 02:20
GT sucks. Arcade racers are fun. If I want a realistic racing game i'll get in my Cobra and rape some import ricers.

I have a 1.0 and cant really buy anything without being forced to upgrade. I'm not giving up my Neo Geo, SNES, Genesis, etc. to buy a PSP game. I own Darkstalkers, Tony Hawk and Fifa. I'm looking forward to Madden, GTA and SF Alpha 3. However, I wont buy any of them if I have to upgrade.

i dont really get some ppl, they buy a next gen hand held yet they would sacrifice playing the newest games just to play old games.. y not justget a GBA or DS :o comparing gfx wise

slik da relic
August 28th, 2005, 03:26
...or just get another psp. we all know that the "flagship" games, gta, madden etc.. r gonna require an upgrade. i'd be surprised if they aint.

da relic

Tomppa
August 29th, 2005, 14:12
You know why people want to play old instead of new? 1)It looks like games used to be good, now, well 'Lets make a game fast and quit the market maybe we get 100$!' seems to be the tactic.. Well look! Fantastic Four=Fantastic Crap. All the licence games suck! 2) By playing the old games you remember old times and thats a piece of fun :D Well I'm so young that I would actually need a PSone emu for that :F

tentonipete
August 29th, 2005, 21:27
i was with you until you said that fifa was a good game

UnderHill
August 30th, 2005, 02:13
Fifa owns! < da truth

B_man55
August 31st, 2005, 07:32
In my honost opinion, I think that evey single racing game is overrated. It's just the same old trash over and over again. I don't understand the enjoyment of a "driving simulator". I'm not saying you should street race, but honostly, i just don't get it. Now don't get me wrong, I know I'm the minority and I know everyone likes racing games, but I think that a really good racing game would have to be Mario Kart. Mario Kart 64 was the best, I think. It's not all about how gangster your car looks, or how much money you pay for your chrome rims, or what you spend on you spoiler, it's good old racing fun. What makes it stand out from the rest in my eyes, is the power-ups and projectiles and all that. Anyone else feel the same as me?

bobcobb
September 1st, 2005, 01:29
When Burnout Legends comes out it will be the best racing game. Burnout is the only racing game I've ever liked, because it takes quite awhile to become the repetitive nonesense that most racing games achieve in minutes. When GTA and Burnout come out, I will gladly lose my emus for these games, seeing as I hardly play on my PSP anymore anyways. Games that I've beated already and played tons of times just get old.