PDA

View Full Version : Question: Burn Software Settings (discjuggler, nero, Alcohol 120% & BootDreams)

EviLEd76
March 13th, 2008, 17:40
I have a few questions about settings that need to be set prior to burning. I have searched this forum and other forums about the correct settings but have come up with a lot of different responses that so far have not worked. I am using a Lite-On DVDRW LH-20A1H (Lightscribe burner). As of this moment I have only used Discjuggler(v4 & v6) because that is what I used in the past. I am also going to try on a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-108. I believe I was able to burn a CDI successfully on this drive before but have not tried yet because it is now in another computer.

I have a understanding of bin/cue's, CDI, ISO & unpacking/injecting.

1. Is it true that you don't need to change any settings in Discjugger because all of the info is already in the CDI file?

If not what are the correct settings on the ADVANCED tab for burning CDI files in Discjuggler?
I have Discjuggler versions 4.60.1214 & 6.0.0.1400.

2. Are there any settings that need to be changed for Nero?
I have Nero version 8.2.8.0.

3. Are there any settings that need to be changed for Alcohol 120%?
I have Alcohol 120% version 1.9.7.6221.

4. Are there any settings for BootDreams that need to be changed before i use ImgRecord?
I have version 1.0.6b.

I am not trying to create any homebrew, i am only trying to burn CDI files I have downloaded. I am not using CD-RW and the CD-R I am using is pretty mainstream.

Elven6
March 13th, 2008, 21:42
Use a program called BootDreams the newest build was released today, that program is completly optimized for burning Dreamcast homebrew.

No settings need to be changed for any of those programs, just find the file and it will create the correct settings automatically.

EviLEd76
March 13th, 2008, 22:24
Thanks for responding. I tried Bootdreams but i could not get it to work with or without a boot disc. I have tried discjuggler, nero, alcohol and boot dreams on both computers now. I have probably wasted about a dozen or more cd-r's. I can't seem to figure out why it won't boot. The boot disc i burnt about 7 yrs ago works fine and the image i burned within the last 2yrs works fine also. So i am pretty confident that the console does work. Is it possible i need to try a older version of discjuggler like v2 or 3? The CDI files are about 7-5yrs old also.

Elven6
March 13th, 2008, 22:40
Do they have the correct files in them? What kind of programs are they?

EviLEd76
March 13th, 2008, 23:45
Yes they have the correct files in them. They are a mix of homebrew and other.

dc-ton
March 14th, 2008, 18:02
to burn the .cdi files in alcohol 120 you must activate the option 'raw dao'

EviLEd76
March 16th, 2008, 20:24
thank you. i will give that a try and report my results.

EviLEd76
March 25th, 2008, 12:50
Good news. The problem turned out to be the Dreamcast itself. I was able to get my retail copy of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 and a burned copy of Beats of Rage working on another console. I tried the laser calibration trick (http://www.ilovetheinternets.com/2004/04/23/dreamcast-laser-calibration-trick/) but it didn't work at all. After moving the screw just once slightly, it got real loose and that was the end of that. The laser assembly continued to work but it appeared as if the laser never turned on after that. I Burned Beats of Rage with discjuggler and did not change any settings. The CD worked on the first try.