PDA

View Full Version : Port suggestion: Very simple and fun multiplayer game

JeffTweedyIsGod
August 24th, 2005, 23:40
This is my first ever post on any DC forum though I have been reading them for quite a while...

I'm in awe of all the great programmers and was afraid too look like a dumbass since I know zero about coding.

Well enough about that. I really just wanted to get a compliment for all you DC-devvers in there so you guys would like me :o and check this game out as a possible thing to port.

http://www.worldoffreegames.com/factsheet.php?id=79

It looks like I-don't-know-what but it's an extremely addictive 2-6 player game and each player only needs two buttons (4 dc-pads would more than do the job). There's no code or anything released for it coz no-one knows who made it so maybe a port isn't possible but a remake would be just as cool.

I think this could become really popular within the scene. At my school multiple classes got involved in this game. The shared computers we're hardly ever vacant coz they were crowded with people playing this (6 on a single keyboard and mouse). People made a website for it and wrote shitty songs in honor of it (couldn't find the site right now). It was really quite amazing.

Oh and it looks like something that would be very possible to do (graphics-wise). Not that I would know...

Well, hopefully someone reads this and likes the idea. And don't forget: Dc-Devvers are the smartest most beatiful people on the planet :rolleyes: .

Eric
August 25th, 2005, 20:42
Well bro i'm sorry without a source code no release. Its possible somebody might want to re-write code. But thats up to them but notice that just cause its not graphics and is a small game doesnt mean that it wont take long. These types of things take lots of work and might take years to make unless there is a source code already released and is written C,C++ or if anyone wants to do OpenGL. Anyways its not possible unless you give us a source code. Game looks alright and looks quite simular to a mini game in Mario Party.

Eric

JeffTweedyIsGod
August 29th, 2005, 14:48
Well. What a shame. Anyways, thanks for the reply.