PDA

View Full Version : SCUMM question

coconutdelight
August 25th, 2005, 00:45
Can anyone tell me if any of the scumm games will fit on my 32 meg stick?
Please say there are... :confused:

jambox
August 25th, 2005, 01:07
Yeah, you should be able to get any of the non-CD based games to fit in there. In fact, on my PSP I have Loom, Monkey Island 1 + 2 and Zak McKracken, all of which take up 18.4MB. With the emulator itself taking about 3MB, you should still have room for save states.

coconutdelight
August 25th, 2005, 01:25
cheers man thats great news
:)

Mourningstar
August 25th, 2005, 09:07
SCUMM?

What the hell is it?

parabolee
August 25th, 2005, 15:44
SCUMMvm is an emulator for games that ran on LucasFilm Games (before the became LucasArts) SCUMM engine, these were all point and click adventures. Most of them classics and some of the best games ever made.

I recently completed The Secret of Monkey Island (Enhanced CD-Rom version, it's so beautifull) and am now playing Monkey Island 2 Luchucks Revenge. Some of the funniest and most lovable characters ever. Others classics include, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Full Throttle and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

If you like adventure games, these are the best.

ALSO you will be happy to know that the FULL TALKIE version of Indiana Jones can be found at only 19 meg! (or crunched down to that from the original, PM me if you need help doing that) Easily fitting on a 32meg memory card!! And it is awesome too!!

jambox
August 25th, 2005, 21:13
Yeah, Indy's voice is kinda weird though.

aruka57
August 25th, 2005, 21:23
any floppy version, without enhanced audio (talkie or CD music) should fit

Monkey Island 1/2
Sam and Max
Maniac Mansion 1/2
Loom
Zak McCracken
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
if there's a non-talkie version of The Dig, maybe that too, though i'm not sure if there is, or what the size of it is without speech

and of course, non-SCUMM games, too that work, of which would fit are Gobliiins, and non-talkie Beneath a Steel Sky and Flight of the Amazon Queen, both of which can be downloaded from the SCUMMvm site (http://www.scummvm.org)

edit: which Indiana Jones game is 19MB? 0_o that's even smaller than Loom with it's 40MB size