PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of patching to 2.0, help needed...

ko112
August 25th, 2005, 05:16
Hi,

I'm new to this, I read most of the previous threads, but have not found an answer to this. I just got into running some emu's on my psp. I don't want to lose this ability for any reason, I dont care what comes in the 2.0 patch!

I know by upgradding to anything above 1.5, you lose the ability to run homebrew.

My question is if there are any PSP games which force the update to be installed, once you run the game. Or will they always ask you if you want to proceed with the upgrade?

My fear is buying a new game and finding out my system got updated without me knowing...

Cap'n 1time
August 25th, 2005, 05:49
Hi,

I'm new to this, I read most of the previous threads, but have not found an answer to this. I just got into running some emu's on my psp. I don't want to lose this ability for any reason, I dont care what comes in the 2.0 patch!

I know by upgradding to anything above 1.5, you lose the ability to run homebrew.

My question is if there are any PSP games which force the update to be installed, once you run the game. Or will they always ask you if you want to proceed with the upgrade?

My fear is buying a new game and finding out my system got updated without me knowing...

apparently you didnt read enough of the previouse threads.

the only current games that require an update known only update to 1.5. so to answere your question. not yet.

ko112
August 25th, 2005, 06:15
but i heard that namco museum has an upgrade to 1.52 .. the question is if the game asks you to install, or does it just go ahead and do it?

Mourningstar
August 25th, 2005, 09:10
All I know is to avoid every PSP game that you can...until we all know for sure.

Rinshu
August 25th, 2005, 13:39
Isnt it true that it could never force an upgrade since you have to have the power cord plugged in for a Bios flash to occur. Im guessing it only prompts you to upgrade.

Jpdeathblade
August 25th, 2005, 13:57
well the origanal framwear was 1.0 (and wat my psp was) and i put coded arms in and it was 1.5 didnt ask or nothing. I when to install it (not knowing it was 1.5) and it said you al ready have this (and that was just walking out of gamestop)

now its a us 2.0 bc i have faith that someone will hack it and there close to it. I say 1 more month and you can play games on your 2.0

ataribob
August 25th, 2005, 14:51
I don't have faith.

I will not upgrade my Firmware untill they have the 2.0 fixed.
It's stupid to upgrade for the pretty little web browser and tiny updates.
It's not worth it.
No good games have come out for the pSP yet.
Only fighting -sport-and driving- **NO GOOD RPG's**
Knowing how good the emulators run only a fool would upgrade.

ko112
August 25th, 2005, 16:31
agreed,, its definitely not worth upgrading since there's pretty much only crap games out there.

So once you boot a game with a forced update, it will install it without asking?
That sucks!

Cap'n 1time
August 25th, 2005, 16:40
I don't have faith.

It's not worth it.

amen to that brother. :)

lockethevaliant
August 25th, 2005, 17:11
I don't have faith.

It's not worth it.

are there going to be good psp games? all i want is the breath of fire 3..i dont even know if they are releasing it to US....im look at all the games being made and all the games out and nothing interses me at all :(

ataribob
August 25th, 2005, 20:28
So far none of the Games out yet have any upgrades over 1.50.

grabnak
August 25th, 2005, 20:45
I don't have faith.

It's not worth it.

It's so true. I have been playing Front Mission (TYL Snes) and I have not even thought of playing an actual PSP game.

spazbag
August 26th, 2005, 05:07
uh well they are coming out with or already have come out with a lord of the rings rpg which is supposed to be good. and also about the 1.51 and 1.52 patch, uh if you have them on your psp, in my opinion, you might as well upgrade to the 2.0 patch because the homebrew capabilities on the 1.51 and 1.52 suck. Therfor u might as well upgrade for the little stuff and just be patient for a while till they hack the 2.0. Right now the only one worth hacking or homebrewing on is the 1.5 that is standard with the psp.

spazbag
August 26th, 2005, 05:09
oh yeah plus, 1.51 and 1.52 just freeze a bunch with the emulators, really dumb :D

ko112
August 26th, 2005, 05:12
I just dont want to accidently get updated without knowing. I hope it at least asks if you want to update....

alex_dsnews
August 26th, 2005, 14:02
It does ask you - in fact it won't upgrade unless you're connected to the mains, too. So don't worry.

The WAB patcher might be useful, too.

spazbag
August 26th, 2005, 16:42
plus there is no currently existing game (english) that asks to update your firmware anyway. not that i know of anywayz

ko112
August 26th, 2005, 17:38
actually, namco museum which just came out forces a 1.52 upgrade!

ataribob
August 26th, 2005, 20:54
actually, namco museum which just came out forces a 1.52 upgrade!

Ok could you explain it more like "HOW"

ko112
August 26th, 2005, 22:41
thtas what im trying to find out before I make a mistake! I dont know if it asks, or just goes ahead and updates the system to 1.52 without you knowing...