PDA

View Full Version : Sonic RPG to feature Big the Cat

Shrygue
March 14th, 2008, 19:01
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=94697)

BioWare has confirmed some old friends will be making a comeback in DS RPG Sonic Chronicles - whether you like it or not.

"I think maybe the challenge there, if people are not as excited about having the friends, is making them worthwhile, making them a good part of the game," studio manager Greg Zeschuk told MTV.

"They're not going to be gimmicky. They're not going to be side things. It is actually a core part of the gameplay mechanic. It's actually, we think, going to revitalise the love of the Sonic friends, especially Big the Cat."

According to co-founder Ray Muzyka, it's all about choice - as with all BioWare games. "The choice is moment to moment; it's in the story, it's within your exploration. It's also within your choice of companion characters and sidekicks. You're going to have a different experience in BioWare games depending on who you bring with you."

So what about the fact many people hate all of Sonic's stupid friends, especially that moronic mutant fox? "One of the things we're trying to do is make people feel something, an emotional attachment. And it could be dislike. Dislike is an emotion," Muzyka said.

"If you provoke that kind of emotion and you're trying to provoke that, it's a good thing. Provided you allow players to enjoy the experience throughout. Hopefully they like some characters. Hopefully they dislike some characters. And if we can bring that and maximise that, it'll be really fun."

Great. Sonic Chronicles is out later this year.

JKKDARK
March 14th, 2008, 19:07
Big The Cat is funny, mainly his voice which sounds stupid :D

Metal Sonic would be a great addition to the game

Akoi Meexx
March 14th, 2008, 20:41
I swear to Jebus if I have to fish for that @#%! frog again I will punch the lead developer for Bioware right in the face.

Other than that, I could dig another Sonic on the DS, if it's well done. They've managed to really suck the life out of the last few games, and that's a sad sad thing to do to Sonic. :(

JKKDARK
March 14th, 2008, 20:43
Well at least this Sonic game is different, it will be the first RPG on the serie. Maybe Sega can do it right this time :)

Akoi Meexx
March 15th, 2008, 01:52
Well at least this Sonic game is different, it will be the first RPG on the serie. Maybe Sega can do it right this time :)

How do you figure? Sonic and the Secret Rings is considered an RPG, I think?

wiggy fuzz
March 15th, 2008, 08:27
funny, all of the sonic ds and advance titles have been very well recieved.

JKKDARK
March 15th, 2008, 11:06
How do you figure? Sonic and the Secret Rings is considered an RPG, I think?

Nah, Sonic And The Sectret Rings is an adventure game.

Vixtro
March 16th, 2008, 23:55
Shame E-102 Gamma blew up in Sonic Adventure otherwise I would like to see him (it) come back.

But really I can't get excited over new Sonic games any more since pretty much every Sonic game post Sonic Adventure has disappointed me. At least I can play all the decent classic Sonic games on my DS with JenesisDS though which is good enough for me.

Shadowblind
March 17th, 2008, 00:05
Shame E-102 Gamma blew up in Sonic Adventure otherwise I would like to see him (it) come back.

He also blew up in Sonic Heroes, Sonic battle, and Sonic 360. So he'll probably be in there.

Sonic has been my favorite Video game character since 1993, and yet i still think this whole Sonic RPG will kill his already broken image.

Eviltaco64
March 17th, 2008, 01:05
He also blew up in Sonic Heroes, Sonic battle, and Sonic 360. So he'll probably be in there.

Sonic has been my favorite Video game character since 1993, and yet i still think this whole Sonic RPG will kill his already broken image.

You speak the truth! Sonic 3 (and Knuckles) can kick Mario World's sorry 16-bit ass!

I remember getting Sonic Adventure when I was 8.
I beat all the people except Big.
I start the game, and what do I hear?
"HOWD ON FROGGEE IM CUMIN!". I shuddered.

Those five words have helped to destroy the sonic series.

Xcliber
March 17th, 2008, 03:03
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=94697)

So what about the fact many people hate all of Sonic's stupid friends, especially that moronic mutant fox?

:mad::mad::mad:
THAT MORONIC MUTANT FOX IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!!!

and anyone who thinks otherwise can rot in hell:D

GO TAILS!!!:thumbup:

Shadowblind
March 17th, 2008, 03:08
"HOWD ON FROGGEE IM CUMIN!". I shuddered.

Oh hel* I really hope you can kill or betray or SOMETHING Big the cat in this game. he is by far the worst Sega had to offer Sonic.

Its sad but Sonic's glory days fully ended after Sonic Adventure 2.

@ Xcliber: Tails was my favorite too, since Sonic 2 until Sonic heroes, when they made him a pansy a** little girl. Now Shadow's my favorite.