PDA

View Full Version : Help with Lua..................

Mourningstar
August 25th, 2005, 23:02
How do you use Lua Player with PSP?

No matter what I do I always get an error message when I start it.

Is there a Tutorial/FAQ for it?

Mourningstar
August 26th, 2005, 01:36
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to install Lua Player on my PSP?!?

Mourningstar
August 26th, 2005, 02:04
error: cannot read script.lua:

Press start to restart

Thats all I can get it to do. Ive tried installing it with KXploit, Sei PSP Tool, drag/drop....please help me.....

jambox
August 26th, 2005, 02:31
Check out the ps2dev.org forums for help with this... the programmers of Lua are there and quick to help out.

Mourningstar
August 26th, 2005, 03:13
Check out the ps2dev.org forums for help with this... the programmers of Lua are there and quick to help out.

Hm...after skiming over those forums real quick, I think the question should have been....what programs do i need to make games with? :confused:

I figured Luaplayer had everything to make a game, no? :confused:

jambox
August 26th, 2005, 03:35
Well, it's a scripting language like Java or HTML, so I'd recommend searching Google for lua tutorials. There are documents included w/ PSP Lua that list some functions, but if you're serious about learning the language you should probably start w/ a beginner's tutorial.

Mourningstar
August 26th, 2005, 04:24
Ok, Ive done a little searching/reading, but theres one thing that Im not getting....

What exactly do you use to make the games?

Do you have to use a eperate program to make them and then import them to Luaplayer?

God, I didnt think it would be this hard......I see that its TEXT so do I use Notebook/Wordpad for the code?

BTW, sorry to bother you with this.

F34R
August 27th, 2005, 20:55
You have to actually write the script for the game... i.e. program the game.
http://www.luaplayer.org
there are a few tutorials in the "tutorials" section to help you get started.