PDA

View Full Version : PSP usage is on the decline

wraggster
August 26th, 2005, 00:49
According to a recent study, Japanese consumers aren’t interested in the multimedia functions of the PSP. Only 10% of those polled had ever used the PSP to watch a UMD movie, and a majority did not plan on buying any UMD movies. And less than 50% of them used the memory stick for viewing pictures and watching converted movie files.

While these numbers are likely different in the US, where almost every major studio has or is planning to release movies and TV shows in UMD format, it’s likely that the “not touched my PSP in some time” trend is global—at least half of the Japanese consumers that were polled admitted as much. The fact is PSP owners worldwide are desperate for a new game to play. But with usage down, are developers gonna look the other way?

shadowprophet
August 26th, 2005, 02:51
Like I stated the other day
If the psp scene dries up and dies all togeather.
Im still happy with my psp:p
And besideds all this is, is time catching up to it.
It was new and awsome.
But the newness has worn down.
This happens, It happened to the regular playstation before final fantasy 7 came out, all that is needed is a couple killer apps for it and everything will be fine again:p

sarla1596
August 26th, 2005, 03:18
yea im not worried about the psp, i got one, i like it, plain and simple, its the best out there in portable gaming. Besides the more hacks all these people are getting outa the psp just makes it even more exciting to have and use.

SaRlA

Shiaoran
August 26th, 2005, 04:44
i think they should focus on new and good comercial games, not puting browsers and blocking homebrew...

Odie
August 30th, 2005, 01:00
I think the PSP will pick up in popularity again in a few weeks once some of the major games of the year are released. I don't really understand the mentality of some of the developers holding off releasing games till the European launch, the number and quality of games released over the summer has been really poor.... but I suppose they would have preferred a lull in sales for a few months rather than releasing the PSP in Europe and having no 'new' games to try and justify the wait.

- Odie