PDA

View Full Version : Lameboy DS 0.10 - Gameboy Emulator for Nintendo DS

wraggster
March 16th, 2008, 21:33
Nutki (http://lameboy.nutki.com/) is back and with an awesome new release of his Gameboy Emulator for the Nintendo DS, heres whats new:

It’s been a long time since last news from Lameboy project. In fact it was not active for some time, but now is back with lots of new features. Actually with so many changes you can consider it beta as certainly there will be problems with some still. So here you go.

Lameboy DS 0.10

Change log:

changed: updated devkitARM and associated libraries to r21
fixed: STOP opcode (fixes Konami Collection 2 JP & 4 JP)
fixed: found and reverted patch that caused problem with pumpkin level in Mario Land 2
fixed: another change in interrupt handling to fix Monster Rancher Explorer
fixed: palette change effects
fixed: interrupt enable register, fixes graphic glitches in Pokemon Pinball and Donkey Kong
fixed: DAA opcode flags
added: Super GameBoy borders and coloring support
added: rumble emulation with slot 2 rumble pak
added: menu
added: green color scheme for classic gb
added: configurable x/y key functions
added: save states
Save states are in early phase now, but somehow working. As a feature when save state is used game is not saved to regular .sav at the same time. Super Gameboy emulation on the other hand is pretty much done (of course no SNES sounds, as in other emulators).

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

crookedmouth
March 16th, 2008, 23:43
Sounds fantastic, thanks for the update! :)

some_guy_named_matt
March 17th, 2008, 04:44
so now when i play pokemon red, it has some pokemon themed border... the old one didnt do that.

any help on it's removal?

[Matt]

Mini Moose
March 17th, 2008, 05:22
Wow! It's even better!

But, Metal Gear isn't working, and the "green" color scheme isn't like the old Gameboy.

Programix
March 17th, 2008, 08:49
Not working on my m3cf :(. After loading just a black screen...

Hypershell
March 17th, 2008, 18:25
Programix, you have to DLDI patch it.

so now when i play pokemon red, it has some pokemon themed border... the old one didnt do that.

any help on it's removal?

[Matt]Dunno why you'd want to remove it, but...

That's Pokemon's Super Game Boy border. After starting Lameboy, turn SGB off before loading the game. Then you can start the game with no border, and no SGB coloring.

souLLy
March 17th, 2008, 19:28
I'm so glad this is back in development, one of the best emulators on the DS, I've put in a lot of hours of gaming thanks to this, I love the Super GB backgrounds and the filtering, very smooth :)

aztekkid
March 17th, 2008, 23:35
very nice. pokemon blue OWNS so hard now lol. thanks so much. excellent coding.

crookedmouth
March 23rd, 2008, 03:57
Wow! It's even better!

But, Metal Gear isn't working, and the "green" color scheme isn't like the old Gameboy.

Metal Gear seems to work fine. Plus Heroes of Might and Magic runs a lot better now.
Thanks again for the update.

williew705
March 23rd, 2008, 05:35
It looks mighty sharp, but I still can't play Alone in the dark on it. Great update just the same though. Keep up the great work. :)

jcm4
March 24th, 2008, 20:17
best program for the NDS by far, IMO

Mini Moose
March 27th, 2008, 01:12
Metal Gear seems to work fine.

What!? Then how come it's not working for me!? I have a good dump too! DX

I get a seizurefic flashing screen upon loading the game.

crookedmouth
March 27th, 2008, 03:21
What!? Then how come it's not working for me!? I have a good dump too! DX

I get a seizurefic flashing screen upon loading the game.

I don't know what to say, except, I just booted it up again. We're talking Metal Gear Solid, correct? I'm using Metal Gear Solid (U) [C][!].gbc.

yoshimansxl
March 27th, 2008, 18:42
Lameboy is a great gameboy emulator,but the boss battle in Pumkim zone in Super mario land 2 isn't working,Mario just keeps running from side to side.

Mini Moose
March 28th, 2008, 19:47
I don't know what to say, except, I just booted it up again. We're talking Metal Gear Solid, correct? I'm using Metal Gear Solid (U) [C][!].gbc.

Yep. The dump I have has the same exact tags....

I even tried the Japanese dump.

HAHHHAA!!! I got it to work! I'm using a dump with the following tags: (E) (M5) [!]. Looks like the PAL version only works for me, but thank you for your help. Much appreciated. (:

supergogogirl
April 21st, 2008, 02:57
I tried playing pokemon Crystal but I can't get the save to work for me.

some_guy_named_matt
June 20th, 2008, 06:04
ok, sorry i just realized someone answered my question, i originally asked if anyone knew how to remove the border around my pokemon red rom for the gb.

well, the answer was to disable the sgb option before startup. well yes, it removed the border but, also the nice shiny color.

so i guess my next question is, is there an alternitive to removing the border - WHILE keeping the color? i love the coloring, the borders just a bit distractive to me. =/

=D
thanks

[Matt]

DanTheManMS
June 20th, 2008, 06:34
They're both part of the Super Game Boy emulation, so there's no way to keep the colors and remove the border, at least not yet. If Nutki programs in that capability, then yes you'd have the option, but there's nothing right now that will work.

xsnakeboyx
April 13th, 2009, 11:18
i dont see al of my games that is on my DS
i only see Maps and the options how do you have to put the GBA games on your DS ?

xsnakeboyx
April 13th, 2009, 11:21
i dont see any of my games that is on my I only see maps and the options
And how do you put GBA games on your DS

crookedmouth
April 14th, 2009, 02:18
Lameboy is a GB/GBC emulator, not a GBA emulator.

There is no GBA emulator for the DS.

DJ-Weijers
April 13th, 2010, 10:54
ewa