PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IX 80020148

sizzlorr
March 17th, 2008, 02:41
Hey all,

I've been trying to play FFIX on my PSP. The eboot I'm using previously worked on an older M33 firmware, but doesn't seem to work on the newer 3.90M33v2 firmware.

When starting the game, I get thrown the error 'Cannot start game, etc etc error 80020148'. I can successfully change Pops version, but the error appears a couple seconds after selection.

I've tried using the default Pops in 3.90, and a selection of older Pops. Popsloader is set up correctly as I've been using it for a couple other games. Any Pops I use gives the same error.
A different thread I've found says to disable No-UMD. I've tried all options to do with No-UMD, all give the same error. And yes, I do have a UMD in the drive :)
I've flashed my Flash1, still nothing.
I've formatted my memory stick, no luck.

I've tried my friend's PSP, also with 3.90M33v2, using his memory stick. I've tried two separate eboots, one acquired from places unknown ;), one created by me using Popstation. Same problem.

I haven't had any trouble with any other games - I've got a couple ISO's and a couple PSX eboots which all work fine, such as FFVII running 3.72 Pops. And again, the FFIX eboot has previously worked before I upgraded to 3.90M33v2!!

Any thoughts? I'm rapidly running out of ideas...

bacalacadaca
March 18th, 2008, 10:09
just here to say i read your post but no ideas sorry