PDA

View Full Version : Doom for PS2 Updated 17/03/08

wraggster
March 17th, 2008, 18:26
Ptek (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=9798) has updated the port of Doom to the PS2, heres the release news:

Yesterday I was looking at the source to see how could I enable keyboard support. In fact it was very simple, since PS2 SDL already have support for it, it was just a matter of enabling it on the SDL makefile (HAVE_INPUT_DEVICES=1) and do a rebuild.

Unfortunably it seems to be an issue when loading from a USB mass storage from uLaunchELF 4.12 and enabling the keyboard support… When I try to load it using uLaunchELF, it didn’t started. But launching it from network using PS2client/PS2link it worked fine, even the version that loads the WAD from USB. There must be differences from the way uLaunchELF and ps2client executes the ELFs. I tried to do a IOP reset from the doom.elf but nothing changed.

So, at the moment, a keyboard enabled version is available here but it must be executed from the network.

If you have the means from launching from the USB using other than uLaunchELF 4.12 (Datel AR, older uLaunchELF, whatever) and want to try for yourself, try this. If it works, drop me a comment.

Now enjoy keyboard support!

(I didn’t have yet the time to look properly to the sound issues and/or enhance the joystick controller…)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments