PDA

View Full Version : Joint venture: To bring a new PS2 port of Snes9x.

wraggster
March 17th, 2008, 18:29
Bootsector posted this very interesting news over at ps2dev (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=66217#66217)

Hi folks!

As we all know, Snes-station is kinda dead and sources are not available. What do you scene developers think about we join efforts and try to make a brand new port of snes9x for PS2?

I just love PS2 and I really love retrogaming and playing SNES on my PS2 with good emulation quality would be just heaven.

What do you guys think about it?

Best regards,

bootsector

Lets hope the project gets some help :)

paul3100
March 17th, 2008, 18:36
i would love to see a a snes/nes and all the other consoles emulated on the ps2.

My problems is how to play them though with out the need for chipping and so on!

paul

Zin0099
March 18th, 2008, 00:46
yes i thought bootsector would do this thank you so much i really wanted star ocean playable
dude you don't need to chip your system buy "swap magic" or memor32 and put memento team's firmware on or use the ar max software i released

RevOne
April 14th, 2008, 03:36
I've only just gotten into C++ and was interested in this very same concept.
However, I fear learning C++, PS2 development, and how snes9x works to bring it all together would be a vast undertaking for someone with as little knowledge as myself.

I've currently got the PS2SDK + toolchain installing under CYGWIN (as I'm typing this) and am sifting through the SNES9x source files to see where I need to get started. There's apparently an html file in the docs folder named "Porting Snes9x" that seems to include some pointers given by it's authors on porting the program to other platforms; although I'm uncertain how useful this is in applying to the Playstation 2's architecture.

Anyhow, if there's any way I can help, I'd be more than happy to - however, I'm only just getting started with all of this.

Just thought it would be a good first project to tackle...:)

Zin0099
April 18th, 2008, 05:45
now i would like to help too but know nothing about programing at all but vary good at using a pc. can someone tell me how to make homebrew for ps2