PDA

View Full Version : hey who has physically modded there xbox and how :)

Nikosbuddy
August 27th, 2005, 16:22
thats right ladies and gent's i was wondering who has done it and what have you done, im going to be obtainging another dreamcast soon and i want to make a big project of modding it possibly adding a hard drive, and making it purdy nice to throw in my car...and also i see you guys have made games thats impressive :D feel free to post as to i am new to the d/c forum's... :)

ptr.exe
August 29th, 2005, 22:05
Do you mean 'who has modded their Dreamcast and how?'

I put mine in a Millenium Falcon. Click sig.

Moved to hardware forum.

kgenthe
September 4th, 2005, 03:09
Confusing topic...

I modded my Xbox. First I hacked together a USB cable and an Xbox breakaway cable. I then hooked up an xbox controller with a mem card plugged in to my PC. Then I downloaded the Action Replay software and drivers. I then got the Splinter Cell Linux hack/save off of Xbins. I then had to mod that save file to work with the Action Replay software. Then I loaded Splinter Cell and loaded the hacked game save. From there it temporarily loads the EvolutionX dashbaord. I then used CoreFTP to FTP to my Xbpx to permanetly replace the Xbox dashboard (currently use NKPatcher and the UnleashX dashboard). All of this without ever opening my Xbox, woot!

Sadly, I'm sure this isn't the answer you were looking for ;) My dreamcasts have no mods. I have a Sega of Japan official Black Dreamcast shell on one of them though.

FaZyCrUcK
October 20th, 2005, 22:53
I'm halfway to lowering my Xbox...

Removed the DVD drive, shaved the base and lid so its about 1.5 inches lower but i messed up the faceplate so waiting for a replacement. I need to find a cheap 300 gig drive for it too lol. If anyones interested ill post pics.

Got about 5 dreamcasts floating around too i gotta do something with those

-Andy

ptr.exe
October 22nd, 2005, 14:30
Sounds cool, you gotta do something to a DC if you got 5.

FaZyCrUcK
October 22nd, 2005, 19:40
Yeah I know, I just lack motivation... Every so often I get bored and rip something expensive apart tho lol.

I wonder what could I do with a DC...?

- Andy

RedKing14CA
October 22nd, 2005, 20:40
I'm halfway to lowering my Xbox...

Removed the DVD drive, shaved the base and lid so its about 1.5 inches lower but i messed up the faceplate so waiting for a replacement. I need to find a cheap 300 gig drive for it too lol. If anyones interested ill post pics.

Got about 5 dreamcasts floating around too i gotta do something with those

-Andy
www.tigerdirect.com

they have a 300gig 133ATA 16MB cache hard drive for 89.99 (137.00 without rebate)

FaZyCrUcK
October 24th, 2005, 00:13
Thats cheap BUT....

1. I'm in england
2. It's only 5400 rpm
3. It's refurbished and im fussy ;p

Cheers for the link tho

Andy

nonzero
November 30th, 2005, 23:43
I trimmed down by Crystal Xbox back when they first came out - Removed the DVDROM, added an extra 64MB of RAM, upgraded the TSOP, new cooling system, laptop HD, stealth status lights and loads of other bits and bobs.

Quite a time consuming project as its a one shot deal with a Crystal case but the end result on mine is perfect - It looks factory.

Can highly recommend the illuminated ABXY button mod as well as it looks really nice.

jizzlobber
December 1st, 2005, 04:51
i've had my xbox chipped since it was first chippable :)
it's a beautiful thing, so many great emulators and xbox media centre is just awesome.

this is my case mod-
http://www.bandofwhippets.net/packroom1/uploads/Jizzlobberayoo/2005-11-27_021835_modbox6.jpg

http://www.bandofwhippets.net/packroom1/uploads/Jizzlobberayoo/2005-11-27_021747_modbox7.jpg
now it's my garden feature :D
http://www.bandofwhippets.net/packroom1/uploads/Jizzlobberayoo/2005-11-27_021559_modbox8.jpg