PDA

View Full Version : PSP keep flashing and don't recognize any Memory Stick

vojo
March 19th, 2008, 14:56
when i inserted memory stick on PSP it didnt start. if i take the memory stick off. PSP start normally but after in insert memory stick again
it showed that no memory card is inserted. when i saw the light which blinks when the memory card is read - i saw it kept blinking and blinking and blinking and still the psp system showed no memory card inserted.I tried the memory card in a card reader and it worked fine but my psp does not read it .It keeps blinking.

I tried another memory card - SONY - 32MB (original) and the same thing happened.
It kept blinking . I also formatted the memory card using the card
reader and PS3 but still nothing. Its the same. The PSP does not read and the
light keeps blinking. Also try to put these 2 memory Sticks on my friends PSP and its WORK just fine

take a look at this video, this guy has the same problem as me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_kpdXKU1_M

my question is
- is it possible to do pandora ? because my PSP cannot read any memory stick right now, if so ..how ?
- any idea to solve this problem ? (i have 2 PSPs that had the same problem now) :(

any advice would be appreciated
thanks in advance

vojo
March 22nd, 2008, 08:44
even on dcemu community. noone can solve my problem..
/sad

Triv1um
March 22nd, 2008, 10:00
Are you using a custom firmware?

Or are you on official?

vojo
March 22nd, 2008, 12:24
custom firmware (exactly is 3.90M33-2)
thanks for reply anyway :)

/happy (even still dont know how to do with my PSP)

sinistersquirrel
March 25th, 2008, 21:29
Try putting the memory card into your psp and boot up recovery and toggle usb and plug it into your computer. I had the same problem last night and as soon as I plugged it in it recognized it.

r1887
April 4th, 2009, 10:30
when i inserted memory stick on PSP it didnt start. if i take the memory stick off. PSP start normally but after in insert memory stick again
it showed that no memory card is inserted. when i saw the light which blinks when the memory card is read - i saw it kept blinking and blinking and blinking and still the psp system showed no memory card inserted.I tried the memory card in a card reader and it worked fine but my psp does not read it .It keeps blinking.

I tried another memory card - SONY - 32MB (original) and the same thing happened.
It kept blinking . I also formatted the memory card using the card
reader and PS3 but still nothing. Its the same. The PSP does not read and the
light keeps blinking. Also try to put these 2 memory Sticks on my friends PSP and its WORK just fine

take a look at this video, this guy has the same problem as me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_kpdXKU1_M

my question is
- is it possible to do pandora ? because my PSP cannot read any memory stick right now, if so ..how ?
- any idea to solve this problem ? (i have 2 PSPs that had the same problem now) :(

any advice would be appreciated
thanks in advance
Hey! I have the same problem, but something that might help is to spray it with somthing strong that removes small sorta dirt-layers wich desturbes the conection. I don't remember what it's named right now,(It's a long time since I did this last time) but I have done it on my phone once. I'm gonna try as soon as I get home. Will let you know more soon!

r1887
April 5th, 2009, 08:59
Hey! I have the same problem, but something that might help is to spray it with somthing strong that removes small sorta dirt-layers wich desturbes the conection. I don't remember what it's named right now,(It's a long time since I did this last time) but I have done it on my phone once. I'm gonna try as soon as I get home. Will let you know more soon!
Nope, that did'nt work, but you might as well try to spray it yourself, because it can be the problem. I don't know what that spray is called in english cause i'm from Norway, but ask for connection spray or something like that in a electrostore. But I found the sollution for my proble here. I just took a small swiss army knife and picked away the small dirtlayers on my stick, and it works fine now! We might have different problems, though. Your problem might be inside the psp since you have problem with two memory sticks. I guess the contacts inside your psp that is to read info of your mem. stick don't touch the memory stick perfectly, or there is dirtlayers on the contacts in your psp. I have seen people opening up their psp and bend the mem. stick contacts back in it's place. However, that would break the garanty, and if you fail and screw up your psp big time during that proces, it would be rather unfortunate! Try the spray or the swiss army trick before opening your psp. It worked on mine.