PDA

View Full Version : Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (English language Version)

wraggster
March 19th, 2008, 23:00
Newly released today:

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/6r/pa.121717.1.jpg

Seven years prior to the events of FINAL FANTASY VII — The Shinra Company is rapidly increasing its influence through its monopoly on mako energy and military might. With the burgeoning city of Midgar as its base and symbol of prosperity, Shinra is on the verge of establishing absolute dominance over the world. SOLDIER is a group of skilled combat operatives within Shinra.

The elite within the group — those strong enough to be deemed SOLDIER 1st Class — are respected and idolized by the citizenry. Zack is a young SOLDIER 2nd Class who aspires to become a 1st. He spends his days carrying out assignments under the guidance of his 1st Class mentor, Angeal. During an operation in Wutai, a large number of SOLDIER members, led by 1st Class operative Genesis, go missing. The severity of the situation prompts Shinra executives to deploy even more SOLDIER operatives in hopes of bringing an end to the war with Wutai—and conducting an investigation into the mass desertion.

The ones assigned to the mission are Zack, Angeal, and the 1st Class hero who is known the world over as Sephiroth... What truths lie behind Genesis's disappearance? What secrets bind the three SOLDIER 1st Class operatives? For Zack, a cruel and fateful struggle awaits...

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-bl-49-en-84-j-70-2lx1.html

Buddy4point0
March 19th, 2008, 23:10
OMG
its out!!!!

ahhhhhhhhh i want itttttt

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
March 19th, 2008, 23:27
OMG
its out!!!!

ahhhhhhhhh i want itttttt

ahhhhhhhhhhhh :eek:me want it to.....

mikebeaver
March 20th, 2008, 00:17
I have my shiny European special edition on order from Pla.com already, managed to get it when they were doing it at £17.99, has gone up to £25 now, but my pre-order is still the same price, luckily,

Cant wait to play this in English, had the Jap version about 3 days after it came out (when my Slim and Lite arrived with it) and it was great then, in English this is going to rock :)

Mike..

jxx2005
March 20th, 2008, 05:53
i've preorded it
it comes out canada the 26th

KaliKot
March 20th, 2008, 06:42
Well you can download it :D

give me the hate but its the easiest way to have it NOW if you REALLY want it

Veskgar
March 20th, 2008, 07:02
Well you can download it :D

give me the hate but its the easiest way to have it NOW if you REALLY want it

Yes but a game like this, and I said this about God of War also, deserves to be purchased and not pirated. It doesn't matter how much actually goes to Square-Enix out of the $39.99 - The point is to buy the game and get the sales numbers up. The stronger the sales, the more apt these great developers are to develop more PSP exclusive masterpieces.

So I ask even the most die hard of pirates out there to buy this game.

Also, will this (USA) release have any kind of special edition release as well?

ab88
March 20th, 2008, 10:02
I'm with Veskgar on this.

To be honest I have not been to the store to buy a PSP game in like.. More than a year, but I haven't downloaded them either, plain wasn't interested in gaming lately.

However GOW and FF:CC really made me change that. By buying them I know I might encourage developers into doing more games like that, even if I don't play them righ t away(don't have much time). If they sell well we might get better games, not so many ports (which people complain about), and over all with the PSP Slim released (and PS3 release out of the way) the PSP gets a new life. In the last year or so Sony has done what it should have done since the beggining. Firmware wise: POPs, Skype, Internet Radio, etc, etc...

blackrave
March 20th, 2008, 17:17
We European inhabitants still haven't received any specific release date of this game, but it will definitely be worth purchasing when it does. It currently is placed #9 of all PSP games at Metacritic (http://www.metacritic.com/games/psp/scores/) with 87/100 points.

acn010
March 20th, 2008, 17:20
playing it right now XD

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 17:32
I am so BUYING (pirating cough cough) this when I get my PSP! lol

Veskgar
March 20th, 2008, 17:53
Another thing to point out is people should buy this game and sit on it for years. I mean if you want to play it backed up to memory stick, fine. I will be doing that as well. But having an original release of this game still sealed and brand new could be worth a pretty penny in 5-10 years. Don't wait for a "greatest hits" re-release of this great game.

I still have the original (black binding) Final Fantasy VII for the PS1 released in 1997 and notice it fetches quite a hefty price on eBay and is generally a highly sought after game still after all these years.

acn010
March 20th, 2008, 17:57
Another thing to point out is people should buy this game and sit on it for years. I mean if you want to play it backed up to memory stick, fine. I will be doing that as well. But having an original release of this game still sealed and brand new could be worth a pretty penny in 5-10 years. Don't wait for a "greatest hits" re-release of this great game.

I still have the original (black binding) Final Fantasy VII for the PS1 released in 1997 and notice it fetches quite a hefty price on eBay and is generally a highly sought after game still after all these years.

i have to agree here too i also mine mint condition and wrapped up in a plastic rapper so dust wont destroy its value.. bought two copies lol

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 17:59
If I was to keep a rare copy, I would find some holographic limited edition copy of CC myself