PDA

View Full Version : Kirby Superstar on PSP

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 00:43
How does it run?
I think it features the same chip Mario RPG has (SA-1), but I want to make sure that it runs good before I get a PSP.

MicroNut
March 20th, 2008, 08:25
It runs a little slow on SnesPSP_TYL 0.4.2me (http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html)
Not bad, no crashes, but there is some slowdown...
Sometimes the frame rate can drop to 23fps
I have a PHAT PSP running 3.71M33-4
Maybe a different version can run it better.
Setting frame skip to 1 or 2 helps a little.

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 16:09
Thanks for your help.
But dont you think setting it to 333 MHz and using a Super Mario RPG speedhack would help it out?

acn010
March 20th, 2008, 16:18
why are you posting such messages...
how about trying them by yourself.. :)
not to be rude or something...

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 16:23
why are you posting such messages...
how about trying them by yourself.. :)
not to be rude or something...

Because if you read the first post, I said "I want to make sure that it runs well before I get a PSP."

And I was wondering what the best settings would be for it.

acn010
March 20th, 2008, 16:23
just buy it lol "THEN" you try it ROFL!!!!!!!

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 16:27
just buy it lol "THEN" you try it ROFL!!!!!!!

This is a site for homebrew..I thought I could get a decent answer with the 3xx,xxx people on the site (It's not like half of them are active but w/e).
I should get one in a couple days, THEN ILL TRY IT MYSELF lol :thumbup:

acn010
March 20th, 2008, 16:37
ok ok fine... look... it does work even for slim versions... problem from the rom is that its slow as hell same goes for yoshi island and starfox..

happy now???

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 16:38
ok ok fine... look... it does work even for slim versions... problem from the rom is that its slow as hell same goes for yoshi island and starfox..

happy now???

Yes I am! :D

acn010
March 20th, 2008, 16:40
so you buying the fat or the slim i may ask???

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 16:42
so you buying the fat or the slim i may ask???

Well the Slim I think would be more useful on the official Sony side of things.

The fat seems to be compatible with a lot more homebrew though (even with Dark_AleX's time machine), so I'm not sure..tough decision.

What would you recommend?

acn010
March 20th, 2008, 16:53
i stopped using the phat long time ago... since that point i started using the slim..... problem from you is that you need to pandora the slim first.. i dont know if you have a pandora battery and a magic stick... if you dont i guess you have to buy the phat OR buy the battery onlime...

i highly recommened the slim...

well brb... going on chinese food hunt XD

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 16:56
i stopped using the phat long time ago... since that point i started using the slim..... problem from you is that you need to pandora the slim first.. i dont know if you have a pandora battery and a magic stick... if you dont i guess you have to buy the phat OR buy the battery onlime...

i highly recommened the slim...

well brb... going on chinese food hunt XD

Yeah, if I get a slim, I'll just get a Slim TOOL Battery online and a cheap 256MB memory stick to use (I already have the files on my computer somewhere).
I seriously cant wait to play Final Fantasy VIII on the bus!

acn010
March 20th, 2008, 17:00
and get jumped by a unknown bully lol

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 17:02
and get jumped by a unknown bully lol

Nah, I go on a small private school bus.
And Im like 6' and 200 pounds. No asshole is gonna be jumping me. And if they did, I'd get all Queen Latifa on them lol

acn010
March 20th, 2008, 17:29
so you chubby?
wow im 176 and im 21...

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 17:31
so you chubby?
wow im 176 and im 21...

nah, just got a bit of a gut :eek:

acn010
March 20th, 2008, 17:35
w/e the only thing i care is that your a friend.....
ok... here are the current systems that i am still using
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/IMAG0012.jpg
and you can see that im playing FF7 CC XD

Eviltaco64
March 20th, 2008, 19:02
w/e the only thing i care is that your a friend.....
ok... here are the current systems that i am still using
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/IMAG0012.jpg
and you can see that im playing FF7 CC XD

What an attractive fat PSP.
And what's that thing on the left?
It looks pretty good!

DanTheManMS
March 20th, 2008, 23:41
The Super Mario RPG speedhack is only good for SMRPG. Same with every other speedhack. It's a game-specific thing, which is why it's so tedious to create patches and update the database.

I tried speedhacking Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, and Kirby Super Star several months ago. My patches for YI and SF did nothing to aid speed, while KSS broke entirely. Kirby's Dream Land 3 however did gain a nice speed boost if you want to try that out.

Eviltaco64
March 21st, 2008, 01:02
The Super Mario RPG speedhack is only good for SMRPG. Same with every other speedhack. It's a game-specific thing, which is why it's so tedious to create patches and update the database.

I tried speedhacking Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, and Kirby Super Star several months ago. My patches for YI and SF did nothing to aid speed, while KSS broke entirely. Kirby's Dream Land 3 however did gain a nice speed boost if you want to try that out.

Oh ok, I thought that you were modding the emulator to be more compatible with the SA-1 chip.

DanTheManMS
March 22nd, 2008, 02:49
I know pretty much nothing about coding. All I can do is find instructions within the game itself that tell the SNES to enter idle loops, which we can skip when emulating the game.

acn010
March 22nd, 2008, 13:36
What an attractive fat PSP.
And what's that thing on the left?
It looks pretty good!

i love my phat psp... that fat psp is the one that i bought it in new york city when it came out.. i was waiting for the system for like a whole week... there were like around 17 people in front of me... but oh well
the other one in the left is an oqo model 2, its a umpc, a costly device but its worth it...