PDA

View Full Version : Twilight hack dvd motor

____anders____
March 21st, 2008, 00:59
i borrowed zelda TP from a friend earlier today and i tried tetris, as it's the only homebrew it can load right now (i think).

but anyway i noticed that the dvd motor was on all the time and the blue light too, even if i ejected the game.

is there any way to stop the motor or can it harm the lens or shorten the life span if i play for several hours?
i hope they will fix this in the next update or when/if the homebrew channel is released, it looks very good :)

i also tested the snes emu but of course it froze at the menu, but at least there's an option to stop the motor ;)

EDIT: the wii will get just as warm after 10 minutes when i play tetris as when i play super mario galaxy for 8 hours :(.

icecoolwas
March 21st, 2008, 19:36
yeh i no it kinda sucks

Eviltaco64
March 21st, 2008, 20:04
Eh, it's getting there!

____anders____
March 24th, 2008, 03:05
i hope they will fix this though, cus it doesn't feel good when the motor is spinning like crazy and you can almost invite your relatives and have a barbecue on the wii :D

nah..
but it gets warm really fast cus the wii dvd drive wasn't made for spinning and "loading data" all the time like it does when you use the TP exploit.. :(

but i'm almost certain twiizers will fix this in their next update, i hope so anyways, cus i don't wanna play any emulator or anything for long if it get that warm so fast :(.