PDA

View Full Version : MSR vs Unreal Tournament

ptr.exe
August 29th, 2005, 21:03
MSR (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/metropolis-street-racer)

vs

Unreal Tournament (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/unreal-tournament)

Mental2k
August 29th, 2005, 21:36
MSR the precursor to PGR, no competition, and if you ant a very sexy replacement cover for your MSR check out the art section of this site.

Mental2k
August 29th, 2005, 21:41
in fact here's a link so you dont have to go searchin. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=790

nothin like a bit of self publication;)

SiZiOUS
August 29th, 2005, 21:45
100% MSR !!! ;)

bender
August 29th, 2005, 22:49
This is hard for me. Both games are really awesome. I'll decide it tomorrow, lol

ptr.exe
August 30th, 2005, 11:19
Seriously... MSR?!

Once again havent played it, but how can any racing game that isnt GT4 beat the almighty Utourny, granted i only had the PC version, but it rocked!

Although since i have played (the DC version of) either, i won't vote.

Mental2k
August 30th, 2005, 18:12
Have you never played project gotham?

Its more arcady than GT games. Its rather good. Whereas i always feel FPS games are rather limited on consoles. I mean Q3 on DC is a prime example!

SiZiOUS
August 30th, 2005, 19:09
Seriously... MSR?!

Once again havent played it, but how can any racing game that isnt GT4 beat the almighty Utourny, granted i only had the PC version, but it rocked!

Although since i have played (the DC version of) either, i won't vote.
For me MSR (http://www.dc-france.com/index.php?mod=rm&ac=msr&PHPSESSID=506ce232780e0307e3a66311c527799e)'s the best game avialable for the DC :D

ptr.exe
August 30th, 2005, 19:47
I suppose that UT probably didnt work that well with only one analogue stick.

Personally i'm not a big fan of arcade racing games, they are fun but most have no depth/lifespan, so i tend not to buy them.

btw, any inclination of what game might win overall? the results of past vs. are in the original topic (sticky at top of this board). Personally i think that Shenmue 2 should get into the final but maybe not win.

Cap'n 1time
August 30th, 2005, 22:22
I was (and still am) a huge fan of the unreal series. However UT did not belong on a console. It didnt work for this and it didnt work for unreal championship either. Hopefully Gears of War will turn this around.

MSR has my vote here as it performed better than most racers in the DC era.

wilson
August 31st, 2005, 07:38
i don't like driving games, except for 4 games: Stunts, Network Q Rally, Burnout and...MSR: It's one of the best drving games outta' here, especially for Dreamcast - F355 is too hard :)

SiZiOUS
August 31st, 2005, 18:07
0 votes for Unreal...

I understand it. My friend had bought this game about 2 years ago. When we started a multiplay party, the game is awfully SLOW!

ptr.exe
August 31st, 2005, 21:46
I havent voted yet, so i may vote for Unreal as i feel guilty it getting no votes :(

beetroot bertie
September 1st, 2005, 13:20
MSR for me. The framerate on UT is terribly choppy at times, especially in multiplayer mode.

And MSR has loads of depth - there's stacks of tracks to do and I spend loads of time practicing before gambling the Kudos points. Well I did, then I got a 60hz tv and found I had to start again in order to play it at 60htz. Grrr.

SiZiOUS
September 1st, 2005, 13:58
The framerate on UT is terribly choppy at times, especially in multiplayer mode.
Yep, that's it. :)

sixtyten
September 3rd, 2005, 04:57
MSR. That game is stylish. I never really understood the Unreal Tournament hype. You can kill stuff, woo. Not that special.

Eric
September 4th, 2005, 12:58
I dont have either games i only have a demo of MSR. What i have got from the demo was some pretty sweet graphics,poor controls,sound was okay. Never played UT4 though i dont think i ever will cause of the poor results not from just hear the many of people i heard from. All i can say from the pic of UT4 if it looks that bad everything else has to be pretty poor aswell. It just doesnt look like a playable game to me. UT4 should have went up against Quake 3 Arena. Both identicle i would have loved to see what people thought and chose out of them. I personally dont mind Quake 3 Arena and its cause of that game i was thinking about UT4.

Eric

ptr.exe
September 4th, 2005, 13:40
That pic is of the Linux version, I searched and found no decent sized DC screen shots.

bender
September 4th, 2005, 16:35
Well, I have voted for UT, so there are 2 now. Just to make a bit of justice, because I didn't really know what to vote, lol

MSR is a nice game but UT is also.
It would have been much better for the dreamcast if we had the Unreal game instead the UT though