PDA

View Full Version : 8GB memory stick duo

g00gy
March 22nd, 2008, 17:52
Hey guys, i just got my 8GB memory stick duo. But it seems that i can't format it into FAT. It seems impossible to format into anything else except FAT32. But the problem is, that when it is on FAT32 it runs homebrew slow. Are there any fixes for this problem?

I used the search function but it didnt seem to find anything. sorry if this has been asked before. But i would really like to fill up my duo with homebrew running at top speed.

thanks

UPDATE: i really need your help guys. I think i may have damaged the stick. Whilst i was formatting it, my computer jammed halfway. Now the memory stick cannot be read anywhere! Theres no way for me to format it since it cannot be recognized. Please can anyone help me on this.

mike_jmg
March 23rd, 2008, 01:16
format it through psp

jxx2005
March 23rd, 2008, 04:02
2 steps
1, put MS in PSP, plug PSP into computer, format that drive (make sure its your MS and not flash0)
2, disconnect from computer, goto system settings, format memory stick
then press X

boom
your MS is now properly formatted for your PSP

MicroNut
March 23rd, 2008, 07:38
If you running 3.80M33 or 3.90M33 install the Patch to Load 3.71 fatmsmod on 3.80/3.90 M33 (http://www.dark-alex.org/)
This should fix problems you are having without formatting.
Fat32 only.

If you are running 3.90 make sure to install the 1.50 Kernel addon for 3.90.
This has native support for Homebrew on 8GB cards.

g00gy
March 23rd, 2008, 13:34
Thanx for all the help guys. But the MS is not being recognized anywhere. the psp is not recognizing it, neither is my card reader :(

I dont know what to do. I think that this maybe the end of this card. Since if it cannopt be recognized it cannot be formatted. All this because my command prompt stopped responding halfway through format :(

bah
March 23rd, 2008, 16:25
I dont know if this would help, but try

put the card into your card reader
right click the 'my computer' icon on your desktop
choose 'Manage'
click on 'Disk Management' (you may have to click the + next to 'storage')
look for a drive (other than your HDD/cd drive) that is the size of the memory stick)

If you find the card then right click it and choose format (and so on...)
If it doesn't list the memory stick then this was a slight waste of your/my time. Worth a try though.

laze1984
March 23rd, 2008, 22:54
i had the same prob thanks

g00gy
March 25th, 2008, 16:56
I dont know if this would help, but try

put the card into your card reader
right click the 'my computer' icon on your desktop
choose 'Manage'
click on 'Disk Management' (you may have to click the + next to 'storage')
look for a drive (other than your HDD/cd drive) that is the size of the memory stick)

If you find the card then right click it and choose format (and so on...)
If it doesn't list the memory stick then this was a slight waste of your/my time. Worth a try though.

Nothing recognizes it. My PC jammed halfway through a format in the command prompt. is there no way to fix it?

MicroNut
March 25th, 2008, 17:16
Try another PC, card reader or PSP just to make sure.

And its a long shot but you could gently clean the metal contacts with a pencil eraser.
Unless you can get it to be recognized through Disk Management... I think the card is dead.

kaling
June 30th, 2009, 15:44
i have a problem

my 8gb memory can't be format

when i format it it alway says.

"Window was unable to complete the format"

what should i do can u help me...:(