PDA

View Full Version : my cry for help

RedKing14CA
August 29th, 2005, 21:59
please help me i have a problem with my computer, i cannot get my homebrew for my psp off the cd i have, thas why its in here, and also, there was no computer topic :p ..

but anyways, back to business

my computer has never doen this to me before, when i go to my computer, there is no (E) drive (my rewrittable cd drive) and it only recognizes the (D) drive, ive tried "installing" the driver again, but it says windows has "disabled" my (E) drive, what business if it of bill gates of whether or not i can use my cd drive!!!! well anyways... can you please help? is there a way to "enable" it?

thx guys, i know were always here to help eachother out, right?

Xarius
August 29th, 2005, 22:46
I need a little more info to fully help, but here's a few recommendations with the limited info given:

1) check the plugs. It's the obvious first question, but some people forget to do this

2) while you've got your case open, check the jumpers. l If you've recently moved the drive to a new cable, your slave/master settings might be off.

3) when booting up, does your computer list the drive in one of your IDE ports, or does it say <none>

4) Right click on My Computer -> Manage. On the "Storage" tree, click on Disk Management. Is your drive listed there?

5) if you've got one available, stick the drive in another computer and see if it is recognized. It's very unlikely but possible that the drive itself is screwed up