PDA

View Full Version : PSP screen lens and dust.

bobtheninjaoffood
March 22nd, 2008, 21:43
My PSP Phat has a problem. Every time I put the stupid thing in my pocket, it gets dust under the screen. It drives me crazy. I take it apart and get the dust out, but five minutes later, TADA! More dust! I know that this question has been asked so many times before, on countless websites, but they never have the answer. Where does it get in? On of the things I've been looking at is the screen lens. On a stock faceplate, can you remove the lens (I think thats only 3rd party ones but I just want to be sure.)? If I take the lens out, I can just blow the dust away whenever I want. Other than the LCD possibly getting scratched up, is this a good idea? If not can someone provide me some other help? I've tried EVERYTHING: static-free cloths, compressed air, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mike_jmg
March 23rd, 2008, 01:10
That is really weird, dust shouldn't be able to get inside your psp, maybe it remains from when you opened it up, it happened to mine while I was trying to install a new faceplate (wich I couldn't get to fit).

As for the faceplate, on the ones you mention, the lens has to be removed from the inside, not as you plan on doing.
Maybe yours has a crack somewhere and the dust gets inside through there
Get an original one and see what happens, it's all I can think off

bobtheninjaoffood
March 23rd, 2008, 02:08
No, I mean leave the lens out. So the faceplate would have no lens and then any dust could just be blown away. The screen would be really exposed, but no dust would be nice. Also, there is a crack on my PSP from where my friend dropped it. However, dust kept appearing before that. I'm really puzzled.

mike_jmg
March 23rd, 2008, 17:35
you could leave the lens out, but the inner lcd screen is TOO sensitive, I think even microfiber cloth can scratch it, so that's not a good Idea.

Or maybe with a crystal case... but I don't know

bobtheninjaoffood
March 23rd, 2008, 20:13
My big problem is that when I open it, I can't get the other side open becuase I have two striped screws. And i can't return the thing becuase I bought it as-is no warranty on eBay for 60 bucks.