PDA

View Full Version : What would be your dream PSP homebrew app that's within the realm of possibility?

centroles
August 30th, 2005, 04:36
High ups for me would be...

Quake 3 Port with or w/o Infrastructure Support - possible since the open source code has been released and the settings can always be toned down. The bots and fast paced action make it one of my favorite games ever.

A full functional operating system like Windows XP that comes with programs like an internet browser and something like Word. - Totally possible since that one coder already found a way to run Windows 95 on the PSP at a decent speed.

But the winner would be...

A full functional N64 emulator that uses Infrastructure to let up to 4 people play against each other online - doesn't have to run at full speed, just a playable speed. It would take quite a bit of coding to trick the system into treating other players online as just 3 additional controllers and trasmitting their screens to them. But damn would it be worth it. Perfect Dark and Smash Bros online, can you imagine?

There are so many kick @$$ games on the N64, Perfect Dark (the 2nd best FPS even today IMO), Conker, Goldeneye, Star Fox, Mario RPG, Zelda, Smash Bros, Battletanx, Starcraft (I love RTS and the thought of playing the best one ever on the go is a dream come true.) and dozens of others.

I think this is also very possible with some extraordinary coding since the psx has been emulated (though not well) and the psp is much more powerful than the N64.

Shiaoran
August 30th, 2005, 05:48
remote control for any tv, any manufacturer...
i'd turn on and off the tvs in departament stores XD

lockethevaliant
August 30th, 2005, 07:02
Smash Bros online, can you imagine?

yes i can imagine smash bros online...when rev comes out..oh yeah...and Goldeneye and PD are the best FPS hehe

shizzle
August 30th, 2005, 10:24
psone emu that works. crash, spyro, tekken, wip3out, ridge racer, exhumed, disruptor, decent tenchu. Those are just the ones i can pull of the top of my head.

Tomppa
August 30th, 2005, 12:41
PSone emu, definetly, Re-Playing FFVII-FFIX, ah... GT.. Ehrgeiz.. (BTW I wish I would have gotten that ever for any platform anyways..) Tekken.. Muhaha? With multiplayer would be nice :P

parabolee
August 30th, 2005, 15:02
OK my most wanted list -

1. Amiga 500 Emulator running at full speed.

2. PC, DOS/Windows 95 Emulator running at a speed I can play games on.

3. A Virtual PC viewer (like VPN) that allows me to use my PC from my PSP with a great framerate, allowing me to view movies and play games from my PSP.

4. Quake 3 port with infastructure mode.

5. PSone EMU running at a decent framerate.

I think they are all possible. Difficult? Maybe but I'm not asking for a Dreamcast emulator. I think N64 is highly unlikely unfortunatly.

shizzle
August 30th, 2005, 16:14
parobolee i hope you've been a good boy because santa doesn't take kindly to greedy children.

Cap'n 1time
August 30th, 2005, 16:20
I really just want to boot linux.. with an onscreen keyboard... hell it dosnt even have to be graphical. Id want it to have sound and network hardware support too of course.

Then i would like a CPS1/2 emulator. MAME, final burn, etc I DONT CARE! BUT I NEED ONE FOR THE HANDHELD!

Lastley, id like to see the port of scorched for psp completed. thats like... the greatest game ever!

parabolee
August 30th, 2005, 18:10
parobolee i hope you've been a good boy because santa doesn't take kindly to greedy children.

:D of course I have, I'm an angel :)

But that is only my "wish list". I'm getting an Xbox360 (full system) with Oblivion for Christmas. If I got those 5 things on my list it would be Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one :)

Plus I thought of another -

6. A decent web browser that runs like the V2.0 one but faster and had flash support :D

YourStillWithMe
August 30th, 2005, 18:29
Mine would have to be a GOOD CALCULATOR so i can bring it to my Math class and amaze everyone haha. Also a ps one emulator that would have to at least run FF7 and FF8 :) Also a port of AIM so i can chat with my buddies on the go

bill00000
August 30th, 2005, 19:05
AGI Interpter. (Space quest, police quest, king's quest, leisure suit larry) That's one that's very feasible. The GBA one was great. It pulled a list of possible words from the game, so you could just select them. Combine that with a virtual keyboard, and you're laughing.

Wireless streaming media player over wifi. How cool would it be to watch movies and listen to music from your PC? even an ftp-style program where I could just grab whatever I wanted from my PC from my couch.

Homebrew Browser.

xuphorz
August 30th, 2005, 19:50
kinda selfish, but a direct port of my rpg once i'm done with it :D

Sharkey
August 30th, 2005, 21:51
pretty much what other have said.

pspone and n64 emulator fully working.
maybe even a ps2 emulator so i could use my games i already own instead of buying ports, not sure it thats possible though.

the games, well along with the psone and n64 library id like to see...
1.blood
2.shadow warrior
3.quake 2
4.unreal
5.halflife
6.hexen2
7.carmageedon and its sequels.

these should all be doable considering you can already play quake and some of the mods that go with it.

xuphorz
August 30th, 2005, 21:53
maybe even a ps2 emulator so i could use my games i already own instead of buying ports

buying? all these are free we are talking about.
also, forget the ps2 emulator, pc's can't even do that yet

Cap'n 1time
August 30th, 2005, 22:32
buying? all these are free we are talking about.
also, forget the ps2 emulator, pc's can't even do that yet

well not 100%... not 50%... not really 25%... mabey 10% ? no, im being generous. :D

xuphorz
August 30th, 2005, 22:33
right, they "can" but damn, is it ever unplayable

Mourningstar
August 31st, 2005, 02:36
Realm of possibility = GBA

Dream = N64/DS

I cant understand why more people arent trying a GBA emu. To me that would be the holy grail of possible PSP emus.....

xuphorz
August 31st, 2005, 03:12
yes, a ful speed sound/video/response/effects gba emulator would be heaven

centroles
August 31st, 2005, 04:25
Tons of great ideas here.

Yeah, and optimizing that GBA emulator would be awesome, for Advance Wars and Mech Platoon alone.

So would a port of Stratagus, that customizable freeware pc rts engine, so that people can make command and conquer and starcraft replicas. I LOVE RTSs.

But the coolest one is the ability to stream videos from my pc over the internet.... THAT WOULD BLOW ALL OTHER HOMEBREW OUT OF THE WATER. Can you imagine, being able to watch the 100 gb plus worth of videos we all have stored on our pcs at any time from anywhere in the world with wifi?

The 2.0 browser port would be sweet too.

Lots of great ideas here.

We should make a list, a goal of things for the homebrew community to achive within the next year perhaps.

We could even collect paypal donations for specific projects to encourage talented developers. I know I would donate.

B_man55
August 31st, 2005, 07:27
MSN Messenger and a NES/SNES emulator that can use Ad-Hoc or even Infrastructure Wi-Fi so I could play with my pals in Secret of Mana or something. I don't know if that is possible but that's what I'd die for.

Cap'n 1time
August 31st, 2005, 14:55
well. as for the msn, aim, browser, etc apps. LINUX WILL DO ALL OF THAT!

criptix
August 31st, 2005, 15:18
all i want is devil dice with multiplayer on the psp :D
possible with ps emu :p