PDA

View Full Version : What is Best way to DVD to PSP

Ioo
August 30th, 2005, 14:20
I do a lot of travel for work.

I want to move most of my DVD's to the psp (I have a sony vaio, with a duo card reader in it) So I want to burn it all on a dvd and just move movies to my psp before I get on a plane.

So I ask...

What is the best way to get the movies to the psp, in as few steps as I can, I have tried a few and I get sound that is all F'ED up or the movie looks like crap...

I have a 1gig card, I am thinking about 512 a movie?

Thanks for the help

Cap'n 1time
August 30th, 2005, 16:25
mmm a 512mb movie wouldnt look or sound very nice at all.. your better off just using your laptop to watch DVDs.

Jdemon
August 30th, 2005, 17:06
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9250&page=1&pp=10

YourStillWithMe
August 30th, 2005, 18:27
I use a program called No. 1 DVD Ripper and it works great man. Do you use torrents? PM me for more info. You can adjust the sound quality to high or normal and obviously the output file.

Ioo
August 30th, 2005, 20:24
YourStillWithMe, does it convert directly to PSP format, or so I still have to feed it into PSPVid9?

Thanks.

YourStillWithMe
August 31st, 2005, 03:48
no it doesn't, and that program Su***. I do not recommend using it. I use 3GP Converter which is reeeeeaaaallllyyy easy get those 2 programs. If you need No1 DVD ripper I will send it to you via AIM or email. Just PM me in the future, It's a lot easier. Also i'll give you 3GP converter as well because its really hard to locate in English because it was made in Japanese (probably intended for those 1.00 Jap. PSP's)

hbk2005v1
August 31st, 2005, 06:13
its simple as this psp video 9 does everything http://www.pspvideo9.com/

F34R
August 31st, 2005, 09:40
If your travel time is 1-3 hours then using the psp will be fine. If I had the option to watch them from a laptop, I might go with that instead. As 1TimeUser said, a 512mb movie conversion would look bad... it couldnt be further from the truth. With the right settings you can make the movies look really great. It just takes a little time to encode them. Depending on the movie, you can have 1-2 movies on gig stick. Not much else though.

For example. The movie Spaceballs: The Movie, is only 385MB. Star Wars IV: Return of the Jedi is 588MB. With a little more tweaking, that can easily be cut to 512MB with excellent quality still.

All this can be accomplished with three FREE tools out there now. Here is a great link that goes step-by-step for getting your DVD's onto the PSP.

http://seamonkey420.tech-recipes.com/psp/dvd_to_psp.html

Let us know which route you go, and how it turns out.

Tomppa
August 31st, 2005, 14:13
Do you happen to have the DVD/VHS of space balls or did you get it from somewhere that we won't say a word about?

F34R
August 31st, 2005, 17:28
DVD...
I have over 1000 dvd's. All bought and paid for though Cola House DVD.

YourStillWithMe
September 2nd, 2005, 05:14
I only like to RIP my DVD's because 90% of the time the movies i download the quality sucks and No1 DVD ripper gets the job done really ell and on the psps sometimes i even LOWER THE SOUND because it gets very loud unbelievable right? But yeah i wouldnt recommend downloading movies and putting them on your psp unless its like a comedy or you've seen it already so you dont need to be like "Shit!, what just happened there man!?"

and especially if its during the day (thats a big fault about eh psp) because the lighting on that thing is ridiculously horrible.

John_CenaFU
September 15th, 2005, 23:45
I use a program called No. 1 DVD Ripper and it works great man. Do you use torrents? PM me for more info. You can adjust the sound quality to high or normal and obviously the output file.

how long does it take to rip one dvd