PDA

View Full Version : Blood or Shadow Warrior?

Sharkey
August 30th, 2005, 17:10
i know that both of the engines for "blood" and "shadow warrior" are very similar to the doom engine.

we already have doom, quake, hexen, and heretic for psp,
but i believe these other 2 games have been forgotten about.

so i figured id make a thread to remind people that some of us would like to have these games.

or maybe it would be possible to make a wad that works with the doom psp already released.

either way, blood and shadow warrior are good games,
and definately would run on the psp.
any thoughts?

edit: actually while im at it,
id like to see a true version of duke nukem also,
not just a doom mod.

Mourningstar
September 5th, 2005, 03:13
I dont think I ever played Blood....so I would welcome BloodPSP for the simple fact that it would be new to me! :)

Cap'n 1time
September 5th, 2005, 06:00
i actually own, and am looking at the Shadow Warrior CD as we speak. heh, you no mess with lo-wang..

aruka57
September 5th, 2005, 08:34
Blood and Shadow Warrior both use the Build Engine, and to my knowlege have no source code available, so they wouldn't be able to be ported until we have Duke3D, and even then it would still be iffy

Sharkey
September 5th, 2005, 09:17
yeah thats true and the bitch of it all.
i guess ill just have to be happy playing the doom and quake mods.
the regular emulators havent been keeping me very entertained lately.

i dont see why companies are so fussy about source code for 10 year old games, meh...

id rocks.

edit: while im at it i have a question.
if i had 2 different memory cards could i have 2 versions of the firmware?
id like to update to 2.0 on another card so i could have the browser and run some of the future games that require it.
im not sure if all the info is kept only on the memory stick or not.

aruka57
September 5th, 2005, 23:10
nope, firmware is stored in the PSP itself, not the memory stick

Sharkey
September 5th, 2005, 23:22
nope, firmware is stored in the PSP itself, not the memory stick

crap, yaeh i figured otherwise how would it stay the same version when you switched cards.
oh well hopefully the changer for the different versions will be working soon.

F9zDark
September 7th, 2005, 08:31
Um, Duke3d and Shadow Warrior source have been released. You can check them out at www.3drealms.com.

They have been released for well over a year and a half now, maybe 2.

Cap'n 1time
September 8th, 2005, 03:18
Um, Duke3d and Shadow Warrior source have been released. You can check them out at www.3drealms.com.

They have been released for well over a year and a half now, maybe 2.

by george... your RIGHT! http://www.3dgamers.com/dlexit/xlontech/games/shadowwarrior/Thirdparty/shadowwarriorsource.zip.html

aruka57
September 8th, 2005, 04:38
wow, interesting, didn't know shadow warrior had source released.. thanks for the correction

nexis2600
September 8th, 2005, 15:42
Duke 3D src has been out for about a year. Shaddow warrior src came out ealier this year.

Blood wont happen because blood was developed by another studio who licensed the build engine. So 3drealms has no src or rights to release it's src.

Also the src for Rise of the Triad is out as well. I tried porting but it would take a bit of time to go though all the code on the win32 port (which is a mess).

Sharkey
September 9th, 2005, 00:56
well i guess this justifies my topic then eh.

duke and shadow on my psp, oh yeah.
im sure its just a matter of time,
til then i still have tons of doom and quake mods to play through. ;)

Argon0
September 9th, 2005, 17:00
Duke 3D src has been out for about a year. Shaddow warrior src came out ealier this year.

Blood wont happen because blood was developed by another studio who licensed the build engine. So 3drealms has no src or rights to release it's src.

Also the src for Rise of the Triad is out as well. I tried porting but it would take a bit of time to go though all the code on the win32 port (which is a mess).

You could start from the GP32 port of ROTT instead...

F9zDark
September 10th, 2005, 08:15
I'd love to see Duke3d ported to PSP. That would be great. Especially if IR or WiFi was then used for multiplayer games. 8 players Duking it out on PSPs in Stadium... That'd own.

Bytrix
September 13th, 2005, 14:39
I was just about to ask if anyone has started on a Shadow Warrior port and found this thread, maybe I'll have a look into trying it myself (only just got my PSP today so I'm a bit behind).

robotdevil
September 14th, 2005, 05:04
I would love to see a shadow warrior port myself. I've moved across the US twice now and can't find my CD anymore so it'd be great to play it again. If I knew anything about code I'd offer to help, but I'm a hardware level tech myself :( and not much good at recoding

AJB2K3
September 14th, 2005, 14:07
what licence is the build source?. if its gpl then blood must also be open source (read gpl licence)

Wally
October 3rd, 2005, 02:52
What about Marathon Durandal??
The source has been released for that!

For those who dont know Bungie made this game and is great!

www.bungie.net

Cap'n 1time
October 6th, 2005, 20:19
What about Marathon Durandal??
The source has been released for that!

For those who dont know Bungie made this game and is great!

www.bungie.net

also true... wasnt there a DC port of this recently also?