PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth upgrading from 3.71 to 3.80/3.90?

marzsyndrome
March 25th, 2008, 00:58
I'm still using 3.71 M33-3 myself. I've been a bit scared of newer versions lately mainly due to hearing about incompatibility this, slow loading that, and the apparent PSX icon bug on top.

Do all these issues still exist or have they since been sorted out? Is there anything worth upgrading my custom firmware for or should I just feel happy with what I've got at the moment?

All responses appreciated, cheers.

Bobablob
March 25th, 2008, 01:37
I would recommend sticking with 3.71. I upgraded to 3.90 and found that several of my PSX games (which I ripped myself) did not boot. There wasn't much in 3.90 that I wanted anyway, aside from the fun of having the newest release.

mike_jmg
March 25th, 2008, 03:21
Yup, good old 3.71 M33-4 can run every game up to date, so there is no reason to update.

I had my problems with 3.80 M33, my tekken backup was runing slowly, better stay where you are until DAX can get this things sorted out

Even so, I think that the slow reading from the cards can be fixed by formating them through psp when you're on 3.80 or 3.90 M33, I'm just too lazy to do so (there are too much files on my card).

marzsyndrome
March 25th, 2008, 03:52
Ah, ok, shame to hear there are still problems.

Really annoying though as it seems the guys at the 2Alien forums are doing most of their CXMB themes for 3.80 or 3.90 only! Not as many 3.71-compatible themes on offer by the looks of things.

gelnika
April 2nd, 2008, 03:12
I cant say that i've found any problems with 3.9. Able to load all of my PSX games with the 3.71 pops, along with pretty much all other roms/emulators i have. i think it definitely is worth it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ouKz-o5YXjk follow this tutorial, it'll allow you to use ANY version pops you would want or even multiple pops to complete the compatablility spectrum. i've ran into a problem though. cant create EBOOTS from ISO's, only BIN/CUE files. it just freezes up on most games i've found. Any of these slow loading rumors you heard of are definitely solved.