PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to Firmware 3.90 M33-2 and it bricked weird

xMUSICxMANx
March 25th, 2008, 07:10
Well I just updated to Firmware 3.90 M33-2 from firmware 3.52 M33-3. Now the thing is I was using it just fine and everything was working. I formated the memory stick, flashed it, etc. And It was working beautifully. I then went to add the 1.50 Kernel add on for 3.90 M33-2 and it even worked after that (but it was the last major thing I had done). I was playing a umd game and turned off the psp since I was going to add more to it later (*please note that I didn't go home before turning off, the game was starting and I turned it off). After eating and feeling like im up for another little while of adding stuff I went to turn on the psp and nothing. Black screen. I was fine with it since I made a pandoras battery with this psp, BUT when I started my psp while holding L the memory stick light never flashed and the psp just turned off. So after trying that for a while I tryed to start it in recovery mode, but again, nothing. But while holding R it doesn't turn off it just stays black and never show anything. I can leave it on forever and it just stays black with the green light on. Any one know what I can do to fix this, or did my psp just decide to piss me off and die after finally updating it to 3.90 M33-2? Please dont tell me its dead...

No_one_in_particular
March 25th, 2008, 08:10
Not that it's any use to you now, but the minimum requirement to upgrade to 3.90 is 3.52-4.

MicroNut
March 25th, 2008, 15:19
You should be ok.
If the battery is still in its Pandora state, meaning that you didnt covert it back to a regular battery
You can still boot into service mode with your Pandora memory stick (if you didnt make any changes to that either)

You can create the memory stick without a PSP.
But creating the battery, changing the serial number, is a little harder.
All is not lost if you don't have the battery in the correct state anymore.
If you can find a friend that has a modifed PSP you can recreate the battery.
You can hard mod the battery and buy your self a new one.
Or you can buy a Datel Battery TOOL that is a permanent Pandora battery.

xMUSICxMANx
March 25th, 2008, 17:21
Not that it's any use to you now, but the minimum requirement to upgrade to 3.90 is 3.52-4.

That was actually one of my first concerns, but I read pages upon pages from different sites that said it was possible so I decided to go for it.

You should be ok.
If the battery is still in its Pandora state, meaning that you didnt covert it back to a regular battery
You can still boot into service mode with your Pandora memory stick (if you didnt make any changes to that either)

You can create the memory stick without a PSP.
But creating the battery, changing the serial number, is a little harder.
All is not lost if you don't have the battery in the correct state anymore.
If you can find a friend that has a modifed PSP you can recreate the battery.
You can hard mod the battery and buy your self a new one.
Or you can buy a Datel Battery TOOL that is a permanent Pandora battery.

Well when I first did the whole pandora thing I remember it saying that the battery's serial had changed. I know how to remove the pin, but my memory card was formated :/. I tried making a memory stick with some program Called start.exe which was working fine until I got a blue warning screen (I guess it really doesn't work on vista) and scared my so bad I though I lost my psp AND PC (BSoD). Do you know of any vista compatible programs that can make a mem stick? Thanks for the fast replys, I really do appreciate your guy's answers.

MicroNut
March 25th, 2008, 17:51
This is generally a problem with Vista's UAC
User Access Controls.
You'll have to create the memory card manually while running from the command prompt as an Admin

When you first use Vista’s command prompt as an administrator,
you might be surprised to know that you don’t get any admin priviledges.
On Vista, you’ll need to elevate the command prompt in order to do admin functions.
Here is how you get an elevated command prompt.

1. Click on Start button.
2. In the Search box, type in Command Prompt. Command Prompt will show up in the search results.
3. Right click on Command Prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
4. Enter the admin credential and you are ready to go.

If you are like me who uses command prompt a lot, you might want to pin the command prompt or add it to the Quick Launch.

xMUSICxMANx
March 26th, 2008, 17:15
This is generally a problem with Vista's UAC
User Access Controls.
You'll have to create the memory card manually while running from the command prompt as an Admin

When you first use Vista’s command prompt as an administrator,
you might be surprised to know that you don’t get any admin priviledges.
On Vista, you’ll need to elevate the command prompt in order to do admin functions.
Here is how you get an elevated command prompt.

1. Click on Start button.
2. In the Search box, type in Command Prompt. Command Prompt will show up in the search results.
3. Right click on Command Prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
4. Enter the admin credential and you are ready to go.

If you are like me who uses command prompt a lot, you might want to pin the command prompt or add it to the Quick Launch.

Yeah, I did all of that. I actially tried to make my battery a pandora's with the pin removal thinking it was going to be so problem since I fix computers for a living, but I for got the #1 reason you can kill electronics. Static. I ended up going to hold it down to solder the pin over 4 off and ended up getting an irritating shock (and by irritating I meant the fact that I now need to buy a Datel Battery TOOL). Thanks for that suggestion, I didn't know those existed, I was just going to get one off ebay :D. Oh and I managed to find some vista compatible files to make the mem stick.