Thread: Yamauchi: GT PSP unlikely this year

psp Yamauchi: GT PSP unlikely this year

via Eurogamer

Series creator Kazunori Yamauchi has told Eurogamer that Gran Turismo 4 on PSP is unlikely to be out in 2008.

He explained that unforeseen development issues on PS3 projects had taken precedence and forced it out of this calendar year.

"We had been developing the PSP version, but the problem was that the PS3 version took much more time and effort than we had first imagined," Yamauchi revealed.

"So that's been delayed - I don't think we'll be able to make the end of this year for the PSP version, but we are working on it."

Yamauchi went on to explain that the PSP version had changed considerably since it was announced back in 2004, and now looked likely to include online features inspired by the PS3 Gran Turismo games.

"Once we experienced PS3 online and went through all of that, we came to the conclusion that PSP should not be a standalone product - it should be linked in to the world of Gran Turismo, linked with the PlayStation 3," said Yamauchi.

The Gran Turismo series has shipped over 48 million units around the world since it was first released on the original PlayStation.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue came out last Friday and raced straight to the top of the charts, becoming the fastest-selling PS3 title over the course of a week.

It's good, too, as our Gran Turismo 5 Prologue review will tell you.

Look out for the full interview with Kazunori Yamauchi this afternoon.

DCEmu Newbie

gran turismo i like the most

almost all other racing games i REALLY dislike

and I like to hear that it will be "linked" to ps3 :3

I'm still waiting.......

is it just me or is this is good news. it was only a few backs that people were saying that it was rumored canceled

Ahahaha... not to be out this year?

How about not to be out EVER?

This is probably the biggest and longest running vaporware in history. Even the bastard that makes the game won't admit that it's never coming. It should have been a launch game and now it's been put off for another year.

Any game that takes more than 4 years to make will probably never be made. Can you image the amount of money that would have gone into it if they had actually been developing all this time? They'd never be able to make a profit on it.

Consider it lost to the ether. I did 2 years ago.

Fun to see these stupid articles every now and again though, just so I can complain about how much Sony and the GT people suck.
    Last edited by Psyberjock; April 6th, 2008 at 17:50. Reason: typo; sorry.. my english is getting worse the longer I stay in Japan hehe

When they get this done the PSP will be dead. (Maybe not the homebrew, but the games will be)

They have left it too late, PSP games aren't selling anymore.

So, with them not selling and the increase in the piracy I dont ever see it coming out.

Still, I would buy it, if it came out.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Quote Originally Posted by .:}<3\/!}\{:. View Post
    I'm still waiting.......
    does your name say kevin?

Is it just me, or are other racing games now BETTER than the Gran Turismo series? I mean, it was all good fun back in the day, when the first one came out, then the second, with its amazing scratch n' sniff pit lane stench disc.
    But after the 3rd one, it all seemed to go downhill from there.
    Surely people now wish to drive a car all over the place, not around a predetermined track. Surely people want to flip their car 35,000x and the like?
    Surely people wish to smash the frigger in half, not burst at 90,000mph into a brick wall and receive no damage?
    Surely...
    Last edited by Phallica; April 7th, 2008 at 21:59.

Thread Information