Thread: Nintendo Revives GameCube Controller In Japan

GC Nintendo Revives GameCube Controller In Japan

via Wired News

Dying for a Wii-white GameCube controller to use with Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart? You, or more precisely the bizarro-universe Japanese version of you, will get your wish later this month.

Nintendo is putting the GameCube controller back on Japanese shelves in the latter half of April. Coming in at 2,000 yen or about $20, the controller will be white to match your Wii and feature a luxurious three-meter-long cable, which NeoGAF math experts say is 50% longer than the original.

GameCube controllers can be plugged into the Wii and used to play several of its games.

No word on whether we will get this in America, but if history is any precedent, I would have to say that hahahahah no.

DCEmu Newbie

2000 yen? hot dog! I'll have to pick one of these babies up when I go next month.

DCEmu Newbie

Uhhh wait a minute...no wireless? What are they thinking?
    I mean, its great that they extended the cord length and all, but if they could just make a Wavebird with rumble I'm sure it would sell like hotcakes.

EDIT: Hay look, Super Famicom controllers for the wii.
    Last edited by gamer4250; April 10th, 2008 at 08:34.

Good price! I'm sick of these cheap chinese controllers I buyed some months ago... they just stopped working and behaved wierd after some time.

Thread Information