Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Xtender Update (PSPTV)

Blog Entries

Smile Team Xtender Update (PSPTV)

Team Xtender posted this news

As per expected, the announcement of PSP2TV has caused an uproar of feedback to us here at Team Xtender, whilst this feedback and support has been incredibly overwhelming there stills seems to be a few of you who are confused about the compatability of this product. Initialy PSP2TV was designed to work with only LCD, Plasma and HDTV type TV sets, however we have continuously poured masses of finance into the development of PSP2TV in order to make it compatible with ALL TV sets and as you can see from the pictures released earlier this week, the PSP2TV is now compatible with ALL TV types! Just one more time to make it clear, PSP2TV will work with ALL tv types and not limited just to those fancy ones. Now, we'd like to take this opportunity to clarify a few other misconceptions you may have about the PSP2TV, firstly the PSP2TV install is a breeze - we guarantee it will take you less than five minutes to do as all it involves is changing the PSP face
    plate (which we supply) and using the docking station to enjoy your PSP on the big screen! It's a super simple solderless install and suitable for ALL gamers regardless of D.I.Y panache.

As you have just read, we will supply a PSP faceplate with the PSP2TV free of charge as this is of paramount importance to the installation of the product. Well guess what ? You guessed right! We will be offering the PSP faceplates in the future as a standalone product at a competitive price.

Moreover they will be available in a range of vibrant colours including our famous liquid crystal, ruby red and brilliant blue to name a few. We hope this update has put your mind at ease and confirms your intuition that this is a truly revolutionary product for the PSP. You can expect us to release more information and a video showing you the install procedure in the near future. Once again we'd like to thankyou all for your support and look forward to more of your kind comments.

We almost forgot to mention, some of you have been commenting that the pic showing PSP2TV connected up to the TV was fake previously, however this isn't the case at all - it just so happens that one of our dumb beta testers forgot to switch the aspect ratio on the device and the picture became a little distorted!

so whens it going to be available to buy?
    i'm ready to spend money on it

Thumbs up Xtender!

im willing to chuck 30$ your way for one of these!!!! this will be awsome, 40$ is probably the limit though, lol, it looks AWSOME, but can you guys make it so that black lines appear on the TV (not the psp) so that it will be the nice clear widescreen, not all stretched out...

but how does sony feel about this? have you talked to them?? and would "faceplate" include the scree cover part of the psp, because mine is very scratched , it would be great to be able to get a new one!

im thinking the price will be from like 80 to 100 dollars 30 to 40 seems low to me the part i like best is using a ps2 controller to play psp games the less i have to use the buttons the better i want my 1.50 to last cant lose homebrew maybe some day somebody will figure out how to flash the firmware back

Quote Originally Posted by RedKing14CA
    lol, it looks AWSOME, but can you guys make it so that black lines appear on the TV (not the psp) so that it will be the nice clear widescreen, not all stretched out...
    Nowadays, many TVs have Fullscreen (4:3) and Widescreen (16:9) options, so it would be no real obstacle imo..

DCEmu Newbie

Maybe i'm just paranoid, but anything that requires me to take anything off my PSP, even just a faceplate, spells disaster. Ever since I heard all the horror stories about mod chips, I've been wary about installing anything on any game device. I know this just has to do with a faceplate, and not really fiddling with anything inside (or so I hope). I think I'll wait to see how everyone feels about the installation process.

It could just be me.

And RedKing, I had a huge scratch on my PSP, but I found this stuff at GameStop that is for fixing CD scratches. It worked for the PSP screen! It didn't completely wipe it away but it did greatly minimize it. I don't know if other CD scratch removers
    work, but the one from GameStop did. Oh, and never use any scratch remover that has two parts (two different packets) because it can do more damage.

Now, if these people do a good job on this product, and it attracts a significant amount of attention, don't you think it will only be a matter of time before Sony comes out with one of their own?

DCEmu Newbie

don't you think it will only be a matter of time before Sony comes out with one of their own?

Nah - Because...
    A) Not in a million years if it involves opening up your PSP - Goodbye warranty!
    B) The system is PSPortable, not designed for use on a TV, otherwise they would have built a TV out in the first place (Nomad, anyone?) - they would not want it to errode their PS2 and forthcoming PS3 markets.

So don't hold your breath for an official Sony product!

I have much faith in Team Xtender I think thier product will be just as good as sony could do.

When this realeses what web site do you buy it from ?????

Quote Originally Posted by samui_samu
    Maybe i'm just paranoid, but anything that requires me to take anything off my PSP, even just a faceplate, spells disaster. Ever since I heard all the horror stories about mod chips, I've been wary about installing anything on any game device. I know this just has to do with a faceplate, and not really fiddling with anything inside (or so I hope). I think I'll wait to see how everyone feels about the installation process.

It could just be me.
    it is just you ......this "mod" really (most likely) only involves connecting the LCD ribbon cable to the port on the bottom of the new face plate, so it's unlikely you'll fry anything...the PSP2TV thing would then just simply convert the digital signal into composite so we can play our psps on TVs (hence the name )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information