The CEO and president of Sega has admitted that it has failed its fans – but is determined to win back their trust.
“We did our best to build a relationship of mutual trust with older fans of Sega, but looking back, there’ve been some titles that have partially betrayed that [trust] in the past 10 years,” Hajime Satomi told Famitsu, as reported bySiliconera.
“Sega in the ‘90s was known for its brand, but after that, we’ve lost trust, and we were left with nothing but reputation. For this reason, we’d like to win back the customers’ trust, and become a brand once again.”
Recent releases such as Sonic’s recent Wii U and 3DS outings have been met with critical and commercial failure, with the company’s recent annual report citing a “weak” 12 months for software sales.
“I’ve been talking to the employees about how we should start putting serious consideration into quality from this point on,” Satomi added. “Especially in North America and Europe, where it’s always been more of a focus on schedules, I believe that if we can’t maintain quality, it would be better to not release anything at all.
“Since we’re seriously considering quality, I can’t make that promise for the time being, but I believe we will announce something for home console at Tokyo Game Show.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sega-...-trust/0152289