Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tectoy Dreamcast possible

Blog Entries

Dreamcast Tectoy Dreamcast possible

Tectoy (they used to be Tec Toy officially), which is the Brazilian Sega-affiliated company we like to cover, has a new poll on the main site asking which console consumers would like to see Tectoy re-release. The choices are Game Gear, Dreamcast, and Pense Bem (think well) - a children's computer from the 80s. Anyone can vote. The stats right now are:
    Game Gear (5.3%)
    Dreamcast (91.0%)
    Pense Bem (3.7%)

Dreamcast is a clear favorite here, and people are already speculating about what a Tectoy Dreamcast would be like. Tectoy's usual MO is to take a console like the Master System or Genesis and shrink it down, put a bunch of games on flash ram, and sell it as a stand-alone unit. However, when they re-released the Saturn and Dreamcast before, they just put them out straight (unfortunately those pages are down, but I talked about them here). So this re-release could really be a re-envisioning of the console - or it could be a re-release. My money would actually go toward a slimmer Game Gear, especially if I were the guy choosing the games to go on it! The Tectoy blog only has a cryptic statement "What should we release? Hmmmmm." So, a Dreamcast re-release of some kind seems likely, if they're going by the stats. It may not be soon, but it may be interesting!

Also keep in mind that Tectoy and AtGames have a relationship as well. What Tectoy is to Brazil, AtGames is to China, meaning the company has the rights to release OEM hardware with games based on any Sega console in the region. What's more, the portable Genesis from AtGames that went on sale a few months back is actually Tectoy's portable Genesis. The form factor and games are exactly the same. So, if Tectoy releases an OEM Dreamcast, we may see it with an English manual before long. Keep your eyes peeled! Thanks to Fernando M. for pointing this out.

http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/002325.html

It would be nice to see how it looks. I hope it's a serious poll and they will make it!

If they did it I'd buy probably 2. One for a collectors item, and one for general use so I dont have to keep beating on my current one. Providing they come in NTSC, which I'm pretty sure it wont (brazil is PAL atleast I think)

DCEmu Newbie

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GAAAAAAAAAAALEEEEEEEEERAAAAAAAAAA BRINCADEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA
    PEEEEEEENTAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAMPEAAAAAAAOOOO...

(after some brazillian words)...

I´ve said it, i´ve said it!!! tectoy has manufactured dreamcast and saturn in the past, i thinked that they continued, but some days ago saw that they have stopped. Brazil now has a great inner market (and a lot of generic soccer players around the world).
    If they relaunch the DC, i hope that they relaunch some accesories like the broadband adapter and the guns...

Now continuing...

PISE NA BARATA, PISE NA BARATA, PEGUE NA GALINHA, OLHA O MOSQUITO!!!

As soon as I noticed this thread, I've mailed tectoy...

Prezado Sr. Gabriel,

A Tectoy se preocupa constantemente com a melhoria de sua linha de produtos para assim atender à todas as necessidades dos seus consumidores. Até o momento não há previsão de relançamento do DreamCast, ou seus acessórios. A opinião dos consumidores é de suma importância para Tectoy, por esse motivo são realizadas as enquetes de nosso site.
    Os cartuchos para Mega Drive e Master System tiveram sua fabricação descontinuada a mais de 8 anos, por esse motivo foram incluidos jogos na memória de nossos consoles e retirados os slots de cartucho, diminuindo os custos para o consumidor final. Salientamos que a Tectoy se posiciona contra a pirataria de softwares.
    Sugerimos que o site da Tectoy seja periódicamente acessado para possíveis novidades.

Atenciosamente,
    SAC
    Tec Toy S/A
    Tel (11) 3823-1717
    Fax (11) 3661-6942
    www.tectoy.com.br
    Just for the record they do not have any plans (a date at least) to re-release our beloved white box...

Damn, but did you ask why they put a poll with Dreamcast as an option?

Até o momento não há previsão de relançamento do DreamCast, ou seus acessórios. A opinião dos consumidores é de suma importância para Tectoy, por esse motivo são realizadas as enquetes de nosso site.
    Here:
    It says: Till the moment it does not have any prevision to relaunch dreamcast, or it's accessories. The opinion of our consumers are of the most importance, and for this very reason we make polls on our site...

welll
    thats it for now...
    sorry for any translation error, i'm a bit drunk :P
    LOL

DCEmu Newbie

the most interesting is that they have the license to make dreamcast, but i don´t know if they can reduce the cost of manufacturing it, here in southamerica PS1, nes and megadrive are still being distributed because are cheap videogames that people can buy (wii is too expensive to be massive).
    The very and big trouble is that DC has not a winning eleven, today you can see a lot of tv shows that make WE tournaments including famous soccer stars, actors and musicians that play this game...

...if only DC had a winning eleven...

...or a fully working psx emulator...

Here you can buy a PS2 pack that comes with Winning Eleven, because everyone buy this console just to have WE.

PD: yes, WE burn our brains...we are crazy for football (and if this is a UK forum, you say football not soccer don´t?)

tec toy is well known for it's suprises (does any one know Street Fighter II for master system?)

Well if they ported STREET FIGHTER 2 on a dead Home console, let me see, I guess they released the title in 1997.
    My point is, if they released a title for a 11 years old console (at that time) why would not release some titles for our withebox?
    Last edited by Tillmann; May 10th, 2008 at 14:35. Reason: date corrections

but street fighter 2 was ported, and the system was still popular back then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information