Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No MGS4 Database for Euro PSN

ps3 No MGS4 Database for Euro PSN

via Eurogamer

Sony has updated the European PS3 Store but there is no Metal Gear Solid 4 Database in sight.

So, those of you after an encyclopedic knowledge of the game will have to grab it from the US Store instead.

While there you may also like to grab a free PAIN title update, and the revamped PS3 version of Fatal Inertia (USD 29.99), which is accompanied by a free trial version.

Europeans, on the other hand, have been treated to demos of Civilization Revolution, which is rather good, plus one for Dark Sector, not so much.

According to NeoGAF (and a member who spent an awful lot of time over their post) there's also a swathe of extra bits to stick onto your games.

There's that Coldplay bundle for Guitar Hero III (GBP 3.99), and Oceania Resort course for Everybody's Golf: World Tour (GBP 2.99) and the pair of Warhawk expansions in one handy pack (GBP 4.99). Plus a little free add-on for High Stakes Poker.

DCEmu Newbie

Wow, Sony really does hates us european gamers. Firstly we don't get the console at all until half a year after the rest of the world. We still havn't got dual shock controllers and now we don't get thiis excellent sounding encyclopedia for apparently no reason whatsoever. Thanks Sony.

DCEmu Regular

"Civilization Revolution, which is rather good, plus one for Dark Sector, not so much" Uh!? dark sector is a good game! that Civilization Revolution is bull$#@! lol (kids game in my opinion) but I suppose your the final fantasy type? and on the other hand im not and like ones like dark sector, that blade is wicked! a bit way through the demo when you upgrade powers, try R2 then tap it again quikly once u thrown it and it zooms into blade in slow motion and u can control it, u might know any1? but anyway yeah! your either final fantasy or the more hardcore type lol with simalar kinda taste

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KFR42 View Post
    Wow, Sony really does hates us european gamers. Firstly we don't get the console at all until half a year after the rest of the world. We still havn't got dual shock controllers and now we don't get thiis excellent sounding encyclopedia for apparently no reason whatsoever. Thanks Sony.
    Perhaps it is due to the fact that Europe isn't a homogeneous continent in which everyone speaks one language; surely translating all that information into the probably 50+ languages of Europe will take quite some time.

DCEmu Rookie

I'm sure it'll come to Europe soon enough. Languages and translation are the biggest reason stuff takes longer to come out in Europe.

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah, but most of if not all of europe has English as the second language. To me its seems like an insult that they are not releasing something in English in England because of translation issues. I don't accept that as a reason for not releasing it in Europe.

Sorry, I know I'm being a bit grumpy here, but the UK gets such a raw deal on so many things. I accept that Europe isn't as lucrative as the US and Aisian markets, but when things like this when theres absolutely no reason why they don't just stick the English version on anyway and follow it up with other languages later that make my blood boil.

EDIT: Whats worse is, after creating a fake US account to download it and check it out, low and behold its already translated into virtually every European language , so thats not an excuse.
    Last edited by KFR42; June 21st, 2008 at 12:50.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KFR42 View Post
    Yeah, but most of if not all of europe has English as the second language. To me its seems like an insult that they are not releasing something in English in England because of translation issues. I don't accept that as a reason for not releasing it in Europe.

Sorry, I know I'm being a bit grumpy here, but the UK gets such a raw deal on so many things. I accept that Europe isn't as lucrative as the US and Aisian markets, but when things like this when theres absolutely no reason why they don't just stick the English version on anyway and follow it up with other languages later that make my blood boil.

EDIT: Whats worse is, after creating a fake US account to download it and check it out, low and behold its already translated into virtually every European language , so thats not an excuse.
    Well who knows then, surely there must be a legitimate reason for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    Well who knows then, surely there must be a legitimate reason for the delay.
    Sony Europe can't be bothered to put it up?

well the us database doesnt recognize the eu verson savefile :S

ive finished MGS4 eu version and the us database doesnt like it, so all the spoilers are locked

any1 have a completed us file 2 upload?

Quote Originally Posted by jonezybaby View Post
    well the us database doesnt recognize the eu verson savefile :S

ive finished MGS4 eu version and the us database doesnt like it, so all the spoilers are locked

any1 have a completed us file 2 upload?
    I'll give you mine. Hold on.

EDIT: Here ya go.
    Last edited by Napalm-Death; June 21st, 2008 at 19:52.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information