Thread: FTPii v0.0.6

Blog Entries

Rev FTPii v0.0.6

News/release from joedj

FTPii is an FTP server for the Wii, giving people easy access to their SD cards without having to eject it from the Wii itself.

Requirements
    You will need an FTP client in order to connect to your Wii, but once you have got one set up, all you have to do is use wiiload to send FTPii to your Wii and once the network has initialised it's good to go.

History
    Version Changes
    0.0.6 Incorporated SD-card and USB hot-swapping patch. (thanks srg!)
    0.0.5 Added support for buggy FTP clients that use "LIST -aL" or similar, at the expense of breaking paths that begin with '-'.
    Compiled with corruption-fix and usbstorage libfat patches. (thanks svpe!)
    Uncommented FAT read-ahead support (oops)
    0.0.4 Added rename support, as well as append and resume.
    Fixed _another_ nasty crash bug introduced in 0.0.3 when creating directories. (thanks nilsk123!)
    0.0.3 Multi-client support (up to 5), using LWPs. Unfortunately this makes things quite a bit slower, due to the reduced buffer sizes.
    This has the nice side-effect of making clients like FileZilla work.
    0.0.2 Fixed display/crash bug when creating directories. (thanks feesh!)
    Enabled fat read-ahead caching. Increases read speed from ~80KB/s to ~250KB/s for me. (thanks svpe!)
    0.0.1 Public release

Usage
    The best way to get a feel for ftpii is to install it, using itself. When you download ftpii, use wiiload (with the Homebrew Channel) to start it up. When the network has initialised, use your favourite FTP client to connect to you wii. You can enter anything for a user name and password right now. Once you have logged in, navigate to the apps folder on your SD card, and upload the ftpii directory (containing boot.elf, meta.xml and icon.png) here.

Once you are done altering files, close the connection from your client, then push the A button on Wiimote #1. This will bring you out of ftpii and back to the HBC application selection menu. ftpii will now be in the list to run again without the need of Wiiload.

Download and give feedback via comments

great app
    thanks!

EDIT: it works awesome

now we don't even have to take out the SD card anymore

PURE lazyness ..and coolness
    i was getting tired of removing the SD card all the time, this is an awesome app and works flawless
    Last edited by ____anders____; June 22nd, 2008 at 02:33.

So, let me get this straight, to run this, i gotta use the wiiload from the homebrew as if I were developing something, I cant just put on my sd and run it on my wii.

Cuz every time i run, i would never find the network device, meaning that the application looks for the network device on my PC instead of the Wii right??

'll test, i do really wanna just enter the ftp and move files, xDDDD

Edit1: Nope, mine would never find the network device on the Wii, so would never connect, already tried using the wiiload and is the same. Can it be beacause my wireless signal is like 52% good. Yeah, my wireless router and my wii are pretty far appart or could it be because of my wii model??? i bougth past november
    Last edited by KristenBaldousor; June 22nd, 2008 at 07:08.

just use internet explorer.

type ftp://192.168.0.xx (my wii has 39 at the end) you can see the wii IP at the top of the TV, type that one in internet explorer with ftp:// before the numbers.

and it will work great, try that.
    Last edited by ____anders____; June 22nd, 2008 at 15:45.

Thread Information