Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: R4 Team Plans to Brick Your Nintendo DS

Blog Entries

NDS R4 Team Plans to Brick Your Nintendo DS

If true this is very controversial and i expect the Whole DS Scene to give a backlash back at the R4 team

Heres brakken of Tehskeens newspost in full:

In a surprising move the team behind the R4 Nintendo DS entertainment, development and backup unit are planning on bricking your Nintendo DS or Nintendo DS Lite - that is if you're using a cloned product. Knowingly or not the R4 Team plans on releasing a firmware that will wipe your Nintendo DS's on-board BIOS to smithereens.

In a move to fight other factories from replicating their flashcart without permission the R4 Team will release a new firmware to combat the situation. Cloning happens a lot in the scene as factories either steal the design or the unit is reproduced using cheap parts. Most cloning is done by a few companies including Divineo and in that companies instance the clones are promoted on sites Divineo owns such as **********.com.

Important point:

1. After 15 September, Team R4 will do something for the fake card, original program(firmware) with Fake R4 may damage your DS machine (brick), original R4 will have no problem with this program.

2. Make sure you have buy a original R4 (see photo below), if you brick your DS with fake R4, please go ask the selling shop and Team R4 will not admitted this liability.

From their point of view they are probably thinking they are doing a good thing, but what will little Johnny think when he installs a new firmware and his Nintendo DS suddenly stops working? Not much other then the R4 Team's comments on the situation are known. No word on when the firmware will be released, but the R4 Team states they won't provide any type of warranty or solution to fixing your Nintendo DS and sites all the blame on the reseller of the cloned R4 unit.

I believe this is a bad move on their part as it will give Nintendo another reason to dislike flash carts as having one out there that ruins your Nintendo DS will taint the entire market just as Darkfader's virus did. Hopefully people with flashme installed will be able to recover, but that is only speculation at this point in time. What do you think about this move? Please tell (or vote in the right column) ...

Personally i see this as a very bad move by the R4 People, What are your verdicts on this ?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    If true this is very controversial and i expect the Whole DS Scene to give a backlash back at the R4 team

Heres brakken of Tehskeens newspost in full:

In a surprising move the team behind the R4 Nintendo DS entertainment, development and backup unit are planning on bricking your Nintendo DS or Nintendo DS Lite - that is if you're using a cloned product. Knowingly or not the R4 Team plans on releasing a firmware that will wipe your Nintendo DS's on-board BIOS to smithereens.

In a move to fight other factories from replicating their flashcart without permission the R4 Team will release a new firmware to combat the situation. Cloning happens a lot in the scene as factories either steal the design or the unit is reproduced using cheap parts. Most cloning is done by a few companies including Divineo and in that companies instance the clones are promoted on sites Divineo owns such as **********.com.

Important point:

1. After 15 September, Team R4 will do something for the fake card, original program(firmware) with Fake R4 may damage your DS machine (brick), original R4 will have no problem with this program.

2. Make sure you have buy a original R4 (see photo below), if you brick your DS with fake R4, please go ask the selling shop and Team R4 will not admitted this liability.

From their point of view they are probably thinking they are doing a good thing, but what will little Johnny think when he installs a new firmware and his Nintendo DS suddenly stops working? Not much other then the R4 Team's comments on the situation are known. No word on when the firmware will be released, but the R4 Team states they won't provide any type of warranty or solution to fixing your Nintendo DS and sites all the blame on the reseller of the cloned R4 unit.

I believe this is a bad move on their part as it will give Nintendo another reason to dislike flash carts as having one out there that ruins your Nintendo DS will taint the entire market just as Darkfader's virus did. Hopefully people with flashme installed will be able to recover, but that is only speculation at this point in time. What do you think about this move? Please tell (or vote in the right column) ...

Personally i see this as a very bad move by the R4 People, What are your verdicts on this ?
    i think that this is a load of crap...and if it isint well thats just messed up and i hope i have the original r4 :S how do u tell???

DCEmu Newbie

sry my thing posted twice for some reason :S someone could delet it

Edited by Unholy3000
    Last edited by unholy3000; July 4th, 2008 at 01:47. Reason: it posted twice

DCEmu Pro

that is completely retarded. that is the worst move that the r4 company could possibly make! good thing i have an M3 DS Real. >_>

i have an R4, but it's real.

i bought it from the official swedish reseller rejoy.se

so i think i'm good, i haven't updated to the latest version cus i don't play the games they've fixed..

i hope they add SDHC compatibility, if they do i will update..

i agree, that's the most stupid think they can do, forcing nintendo to replace bricked units..

DCEmu Newbie

Holy crap, does this affect people with an M3 Simply?

I doubt this is true they just want to scare you into buying an R4 I don't have to worry about this cause I have a Cyclods

DCEmu Newbie

This is the kind of thing that makes me glad I upgraded from an R4 to a cart that supports SDHC...
    That is, as soon as it gets here...
    Oh well, not like my genuine R4 is going to brick my DS within the next week... Especially since I'm not going to update the firmware...
    By the way: If I recall correctly, SDHC is related to the hardware. Therefore, if my memory serves, a firmware upgrade cannot add support for it.

DCEmu Newbie

Glad I have the CycloDS... That's totally weird. Why should it be the fault of the person who buys it? I mean, it's not like anyone can be absolutely sure what they are buying is actually real, since you obviously can't go to Best Buy or something and buy one with confidence.

Either a ploy to scare people away from R4 or they are just plain stupid.

If this is true the R4 team has just destroyed the brand name they had been building in the last few years.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information