Thread: Datels 4gb hard drive addon Released @Lik Sang

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Datels 4gb hard drive addon Released @Lik Sang

One of the biggest news storys as far as PSP accessories go has just been released at one of the worlds biggest Online VideoGaming Sellers, heres the Full info from Lik Sang:

Description

The X2 Battery is a direct replacement for your PSP's rechargeable battery, but offers double the capacity of the standard model. Now bundled with a 4GB HDD, it gives you plenty of space for your saves and files on the go.

The 4GB HD uses ultra-reliable Micro-Drive technology. The HD interfaces with the PSP by means of a flexible Memory Stick™ adapter which is plugged into the Memory Stick™ slot on the PSP.

Once connected, the body of the HD attaches snugly to the back of the PSP by means of two location posts which slot into corresponding holes on the back of the PSP. When used in conjunction with the X-2 double capacity battery the 4GB HD forms an ergonomic extension to the PSP which follows the neat lines of the handheld, fitting snugly in your palms. Once connected, you use the 4GB HD just as you would a normal Memory Stick™; you can playback video, MP3s, movies and images and save from inside your PSP games.

Product Features

4 GB HDD built-in
    Provides 4 gigabytes of storage space for your PSP saves and files
    Effectively doubles the capacity of the standard PSP battery
    3.6 volts - 3600 mAh
    Lithium-polymer battery technology
    Plugs at the back of your PSP

Retails for US$ 199.90 (~113.18 GBP)

More information Here --> http://www.yesasia.com/?/info.php?pro...5&lsaid=219793

Are you gettin one wraggster?

I dont know if i could bring myself to make the psp look so damn ugly

yeah its still a tossup for me..it turns the aerodynamic sleek sexy look into something clunky, but it still makes the thing a powerhorse. 4 GIGS!!! that is really amazing :-D

A thought for those who DO get it, you will have to think about a case! i havent heard of a case that will hold a psp using this. i think you would have to detach this and carry it separately..

Personally, the way technology moves, I might wait a little whi;e. I think they or a competitor will almost certainly either come out with a newer, smaller version, a larger capacity version, or both, more sooner than later. PSP owners have long been complaing to $0ny about having to shell out extra cash for memory.. maybe $0ny themselves will make a next ge. psp with a hd built in. that would satisfy MY fantasy, and Im sure I wouldnt be the only one happy with that

if ipod can get a hd into their tiny ipods, then $0ny can do the same thing with something bigger. please forgive my ignorance if it's not possible- im no engineer- but it does seem logical to me

likewise, imagine a psp with 40gb built in still lookin sleek OMG (sweating and blacked out in the excitement)

Thread Information