PaulWagener has released Wii Earth which is an app that allows you to perve on people around the world

WiiEarth is a Google maps like app that enables you to browse the earth like in Google maps.

FAQ
Is this even legal? It is probably wrong on some level, but I personally don't think that the data from Google and Microsoft is being misused here.

The program hangs / gives an exception / fails to load any data Yeah it does that, please reset your Wii and try again. Note that the Live maptiles don't have any tiles for the entire earth. So at first zoom level it will show blackness.

Can this hurt my Wii? Yes, though it isn't designed to do that. Please be careful with this and other homebrew.

The cursor is gone! I don't know why this happens, holding my hand in front of the Wiimote for a sec solves the problem for me.

When is the next version due? I don't really feel like doing more work on it. If you got an awesome idea and think you can handle the source just contact me on the talk page and I'll give you svn access.

Where is the Google satellite data? It gave me a lot of problems because after an x amount of tiles downloaded you have to fill in a captcha. I just left it out for now, you can use the Live Hybrid view to view the roof of your house. There is code in place to download it but it cannot be reached.

If I build and run it myself it crashes almost instantly with an 'Exception (DSI) occured' This is a bug in devkitppc wich is in r15 but has been fixed since. It is some sort of memoryleak in net_read() that causes the exception. You have to build the latest cvs version of devkitppc and use that to build WiiEarth that doesn't have the bug.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments