Thread: MGS 5 Announced?

Blog Entries

ps3 MGS 5 Announced?

If you've been amazed by the technical prowess of MGS4, you may have been saddened to know that the title was the last game in the series. Or was it? In an interview with Kotaku, former Assistant Producer at Kojima Productions Ryan Payton (widely credited with the Westernized control scheme for MGS4), mentioned his reasons for leaving the company and memories of developing the acclaimed title. At the very end of the interview, he revealed something that all Metal Gear fans wanted to hear. "It'll be hard not being involved in MGS5, but I've got the utmost confidence that Hideo Kojima, Ken Imaizumi, and our amazing team will put together another blockbuster game. I'll be cheering from the sidelines," Payton said.

This isn't the only Metal Gear news that has been released recently. According to an interview with Eurogamer, Hideo Kojima himself noted that MGS4 probably isn't possible to be made on the 360 because of the optimization for the PS3, physical media differences between Blu-ray and DVD and technology issues. However, he did mention that technological issues might not be a problem farther along in the future. "If the hardware technology rises then obviously, you know, [my future games] won't be based on the hardware anymore. Probably I will first create the software and then, um, it's a strange word to say, but port to other hardware if that technological ability rises in all areas," Kojima said.

Kojima also seemed to be annoyed about the seemingly constant focus on the PS3 vs 360, stating that the argument over exclusivity detracted from the game itself. "What kind of disturbs me sometimes, because a lot of people ask me about this PS3/360 question, is that it's not about the hardware - I want people to look at the game itself. Sometimes I even feel like it should be on a PC so that people don't ask me about hardware and platforms," Kojima mentioned. "In the near future I hope they'll ask me about Metal Gear, about us, about our future projects, and will stop caring about the hardware."

We contacted Konami for comment on the "announcement" of Metal Gear Solid 5, but received no word as of the publishing of this news.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/902/902836p1.html

This time with snake in a zimmo.

So we should expect this sometime around 2017? lol

Thread Information