Thread: PSStore to block CFW's? I think not.

Blog Entries

psp PSStore to block CFW's? I think not.

News from ALek

There are some rumors around the net, that newest psp fw, 5.00, will block the access to PSStore to non-original firmwares.

It will be interesting to clarify that this is just a rumor, and it's most probably a fake information.

You'd might remember times where someone said that 3.00ofw was going to be THE firmware, unhackable, etc etc.

Well, atm, using the future systemctrl.prx for 5.00 cfw, it doesn't even blocks the partial cfw made by now, so from here it's interesting to confirm that you shouldn't believe on rumors. So, PSStore won't be a problem with future cfw's.

Nice to get some real confirmation

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    News from ALek

There are some rumors around the net, that newest psp fw, 5.00, will block the access to PSStore to non-original firmwares.

It will be interesting to clarify that this is just a rumor, and it's most probably a fake information.

You'd might remember times where someone said that 3.00ofw was going to be THE firmware, unhackable, etc etc.

Well, atm, using the future systemctrl.prx for 5.00 cfw, it doesn't even blocks the partial cfw made by now, so from here it's interesting to confirm that you shouldn't believe on rumors. So, PSStore won't be a problem with future cfw's.

Nice to get some real confirmation
    if they actually managed to block CFW's, it would have terribly consequences for them. they would be encouraging piracy since cfw users would have to look else where

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by shaney2k View Post
    if they actually managed to block CFW's, it would have terribly consequences for them. they would be encouraging piracy since cfw users would have to look else where
    Exactly. I didn't start messing around and experimenting with ISO's until games wouldn't work on my 1.50 firmware PSP. Then I had to rip the UMD, replace .prx files, rebuild, etc. to get some of the games to work.

If all commercial games worked on all firmwares, I may have never tried using ISO's. I'm sure others are in that same boat as well.

I'm glad they called this out as being a rumor. And its great to see so much work and enthusiasm over the new PSP-3000 release and 5.00 firmware.

I didn't expect it to be a problem for dax to fix anyway.
    Didn't seam like it would be much different than him faking the firmware for games, movies, and everything else sony has tried to check firmware versions on.

Like I said on the other thread, if sony had made some block that Dax couldn't get by there would just be even more piracy...

Sony still wants you (the public) to buy their product. They don't want you to pirate their product. By even thinking of doing something as stupid as block cfm's from using the store, it would be giving people reason to pirate even more.

Thread Information