Thread: Buy/Preorder DSI Now - The Preorders are Open

Blog Entries

NDS Buy/Preorder DSI Now - The Preorders are Open

Play Asia have now posted they are accepting Preorders for the new DSI, heres the details:

features
    Enlarged screen (17% bigger at 3.25 inches)
    Reduced size (about 12% thinner)
    Camera function built-in (640x480)
    SD memory card slot (Allows you to save pictures and display them on the Wii™)
    Built-in browser function
    Built-in music playback function
    Download and store games on your SD card (Japan only!)
    Plays all Nintendo DS™ games!
    Does NOT support Gameboy™ Advance anymore!

description
    The Nintendo DSi is the long-awaited successor to Nintendo's popular handheld video game console. Compared to the Nintendo DS Lite, the NDSi features a 17% larger screen and a 12% reduced size at a weight of only 214 grams.

Further enhancements include a built-in camera function (640x480), SD memory card slot (allows you to save pictures and display them on the Wii™) as well as built-in browser and music playback function.

The new Nintendo DSi plays all Nintendo DS™ games. Gameboy™ Advance game playback is no longer supported though.

Preorder Here --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-...j-70-3161.html

I am buying for the screen alone. I could care less about GBA playback, and can use my Lite for that. I won't however spend $300 for something that I should just wait till it is released in the US.

DCEmu Rookie

Eh, even after this is released in the US it will be a hard sell for me. It looks more like an MK2 version of the Nintendo DS with a low resolution camera and marginally bigger screen stuck on it. I will likely wait until the next generation portable systems are available.

i would personally never buy this, unless my lite breaks or something. Seriously, it's not worth it. You get a crappy camera, slightly bigger screens, slightly less weight, region-locked dsware, and a slow browser that pretty much only lets you read text. Also, there's no gba playback. After that, you ask yourself, is it really worth it? with $300, you could get a cheap ipod touch, or even a psp. Seriously, if your ordering just for the few cm bigger screens...

Thread Information