Thread: Miyamoto: Mario Galaxy was "conservative"

Rev Miyamoto: Mario Galaxy was "conservative"

via Computer and Video Games

Shigeru Miyamoto has said that the Wii editions of Nintendo's two biggest mascots, Super Mario Galaxy and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, were good but not quite the games he wanted them to be.

"What I've been saying to our development teams recently is that Twilight Princess was not a bad game, by any means. But, still, it felt like there was something missing," admitted Miyamoto. Even though we, along with the rest of the world, absolutely loved it. We knows what he means though.

Miyamoto went on: "And while, personally, I feel like Super Mario Galaxy was able to do some things that were very new and were very unique, at the same time, from another perspective, certain elements of it do feel somewhat conservative in terms of how far we branched out with design. And so this is something I've been talking to both of those teams about."

Sounds like Miyamoto's been up-ending some desks.

"Of course," he went on to tell MTV, "as is customary with Nintendo, it's very rare that we are able to announce any games until they're ready for release, but I can say that these are themes that both of those teams are taking into account and the hope is that for both of those franchises, when we do release the next installments of the Zelda [franchise] or maybe the next Galaxy, hopefully they will feel newer and fresher than their most recent versions."

We thought Galaxy was incredible, too. Still playing it, in fact, as the other character (no spoilers here, in case you haven't played it).

DCEmu Rookie

I was blown away by Twilight princess, but it could've used more interesting Boss Battles. Its a tough thing, I think, coming up with creative, engaging, difficult yet not too difficult Boss Battles.

Galaxy, on the other hand, while it was a really fun game and all, it was still a long way away from Super Mario 64.

Thread Information