Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DaedalusX64 News - N64 Emulator for PSP

Blog Entries

psp DaedalusX64 News - N64 Emulator for PSP

Captain Morgan posted some news and screens of goldeneye working on this new N64 emu for PSP:

Even though the alpha 2 plays Goldeneye better I beat the first level on the highest difficulty and completed the mission 100% on alpha 1. Only real reason was because I deleted alpha 2 of my psp since it was slower for other roms then 007. Anyway when you get down into the tunnel part of the Dam the FPS picks up alot because of the closed space and the shakiness stops. In level 2 it seems the speed is really nice, running at like a minimal of 12fps and high of 28, even though these pictures below don't exactly say it because after I click screenshot the fps goes down to take the pic but then returns so. Anyway here are so pics for Kreationz or whoever so they can see the green texture errors throughout level 2, just for future reference. It took alot of patience to beat level 1 and play a good bit of level 2 but the speed wasn't too painful so this project just keeps looking better!

also Kreationz posted this:

Actually the speed difference is going to be an indoor vs outdoor thing, for out door rendering 007 uses a special cache method that's difficult to replicate on the psp, but rest assured CM the Alpha 3 won't have the slow downs of alpha two as the changes are now menu selectable... Also been slowly finding tiny bit here and there so it may be even faster than Alpha 1 was. For instance Zelda OoT is back up to R13 speed with better texture support and working on a way to make it faster.

No Downloads as of yet but with so many different coders working together this should finally bring some nice interest back to N64 emulation on the PSP

I cannot wait for a release for this!

You are a god! Yes! goldeneye playable even if its not a full 100% is better than anything before. Well done and keep up the good work.
    Funny how I have a 360, Wii and Psp but the game I want to play the most is goldeneye on my psp lol!
    Last edited by goldeneyegod; November 9th, 2008 at 12:00. Reason: spelling

What I really want to play is Zelda OOT on my psp, if someday it gets to run fullspeed it would be the greatest thing ever

keep up the good work
    i cant wait for a full release

wow, fantastic job! plz keep up the good work! if i could play conkers bad fur day on my psp, even at like, 3/4 speed, that would be amazing... i would never have to get another game as long as i live =D

Zelda OoT almost fullspeed on the psp would be the coolest thing ever. i have been dreaming about that ever since the i bought my psp like 3 years ago.

keep up the great work! hopefully there will be great speedimprovements =)

oh wow I'm surprised you were able to get that much of a speed improvement on the emulator, I'm definitely looking forward to a release =)

Cant wait for the release

I know you get lots of compatibility requests, but I'm more curious about this than anything else...

The New Tetris is my favorite version of the classic block-dropper, but it plays badly even on PC emulators. Is there something seriously skewed with how the game was written so that with a little bit of attention it COULD be playable or is it just one of those glitchy things that'll be the last on the list to fix?

'cause.... seriously... Best Tetris gameplay, and best damn OST on the N64 period.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information